2016 Merry Boomas Cards

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
In no longer in Tn. Address change no forwarding address.
If you need a new address let me know.
I got one a year or 2 ago,that was cool.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hey, guys, I'm back. I apologize that 2018 did not have any Boomas cards. The international "headquarters" of Boomboxery moved late October / early November. It would have been a race to get the artwork completed and sent to the card printer, but it seemed possible at the time. I had already acquired lots of source images for inspiration.

But then... my dad died two weeks after Mrs. Fatdog and I moved into our new house. He had a massive heart attack in the car while he and my mother were going shopping. My mother tried to flag down some help, but people just kept driving by until she actually pulled the car into traffic and stopped. A couple got out to help and the husband tried to get my dad out of the car, but could not, so CPR could not be administered. By the time the ambulance arrived, my dad had been without oxygen for about 25 minutes. He still had no heartbeat when he arrived at the hospital. However, after five defibs, the emergency personnel were able to get a pulse. The outlook wasn't great, but we hoped for the best. Unfortunately for us, he decided he needed a long break and said goodbye after about 30 hours in ICU.

Needless to say, my world stopped for a while.

Perhaps I will complete the 2018 Boomas cards and still mail them - just a little late.

IMGP8390.jpg

Superduper

Member (SA)
Bobby, so sorry to hear about that, I'm sure it was heartbreaking. Please accept my condolences. As for the cards, forget about them, you have other more important things to deal with and recover from. I always looked at these cards as a welcome gift, but certainly never felt entitled to them. Maybe just use them as a head start for 2019 if you feel up to it at that time. But you should keep a list. And strike anyone that pesters for a card haha.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Hey fd, can only echo what has been said, my heartfelt condolences. I lost my dad at 16 so understand how hard it is, just remember all the good years you had together.

Im sorry we can only provides words where they are not enough. My best to you and family.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I'm so sorry to hear of this news. It always seems to be more difficult when it happens so suddenly. A huge and sincere condolence from all your friends here on Boomboxery. Give your mom a big hug for us all. Sounds like she is a very levelheaded individual who, through her quick and responsive actions, gave your father the best possible opportunity for survival. From what I can tell by getting to know you on the forums, it sounds like your father did a great job raising his son and I am sure was proud of you all.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Transistorized said:
I'm so sorry to hear of this news. It always seems to be more difficult when it happens so suddenly. A huge and sincere condolence from all your friends here on Boomboxery. Give your mom a big hug for us all. Sounds like she is a very levelheaded individual who, through her quick and responsive actions, gave your father the best possible opportunity for survival. From what I can tell by getting to know you on the forums, it sounds like your father did a great job raising his son and I am sure was proud of you all.
Expressed beautifully...nice one T

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'm so sorry about his passing Fatdog, it breaks my heart to know where you're at right now. Remember the good times and know that we're family here and thinking about you. Hang in there bro, better days are ahead.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Thanks, guys. It gets easier, but there are still small moments when memories overwhelm you and all you can do is just sit there and try to smile through them. Tell those people who mean the most to you that you love them, and just be excellent to each other. :smooch: :yes:

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
was wondering what happened
and dont really dig into this section
I am so sorry for your loss
I have been threw this a few times in last few years
Father Mother and lastly mother in law
and really it comes to us all funny how we dont expect it
and there is no way to be ready
except not leave anything till tomorrow
and living on in memory
Ah cant put it down well in words but I feel im the next man down in my family and
ready i hope my children understand when it comes
take it slow there is no correct way to deal with it