DrmZ

Member (SA)
ViennaSound said:
Congrats, really cool boxes :yes:
Love them all.

about the MARS:
is the tape working?
Just trying to rebelt mine :blush:
The tuning knob is looking fine, cant be much difference to the original one :hmmm:
Yes. Tapedeck is working. I couldnt figure out how the programm system is working but maybe thats because I´ve only got mixtapes without silence breaks in between the tracks.
The LED´s above the number buttons light up when I press them and I can clear the storage but I dont know how to jump to the markers...
So do you need a picture of the belt layout?

The tuning knob is from another box and its not working. (too short to get a good grip on the axle) The Mars came with a plastic grey tuning knob which fits but looks cheap.
So I used a knob from another box for the picture which matches the color of the other knobs. But scince the original ones are made of aluminium (which is quite rare on boomboxes) I dont have much hope that I´ll find a replacement soon. Strangly all the original knobs are faded in color. The top is silverish and the bottom is more like a dark brass color. I gues they where darker and faded from UV light over the years?

@BMoney: You´re welcome. I´m just glad a member got this beauty. You dont see them very often.

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
My buttons are also faded in color :yes:
Seems to be a weak point.

will take off the tuning knob and make a detail pic.
Maybe it helps you for reproduction ;-)

How to rebelt is just clear.
But i must get an exact length belt.
The ones in my sortiment does not fit good,so the tape fails some times. :blush:

DrmZ

Member (SA)
ViennaSound said:
My buttons are also faded in color :yes:
Seems to be a weak point.

will take off the tuning knob and make a detail pic.
Maybe it helps you for reproduction ;-)

How to rebelt is just clear.
But i must get an exact length belt.
The ones in my sortiment does not fit good,so the tape fails some times. :blush:
Ah okay . Good luck with that.

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Its time for a little update here.
I could not buy much last year. I´m still low on money as I´m focussing on my band now and don´t have a steady income.
I did pick up a few nice radios though. Lets start with my favourites.

First one is the Sony CFS-77L.
It went straight to the top 5 of my collection. It looks great (just a few scratches) and everything works perfect. Good sound too.
I love how Sony does things a little different. The way the tape door opens - it slides out a bit - is unusual but feels very professional.
Also the tweeter mounts on top of the big woofers are an eyecatcher not to mention the sweet blue VU meters. :drool:

Next one is the JVC RC-M80. I don´t need to introduce this one. It may not be the most popular JVC but I really like it.
For a one piece boombox it looks very HiFi: digital tuner, station presets, full logic tape deck...
I traded this one for 3 calendars. Thanks again for this great deal @ teisco!!!

Here´s another one with the same style of speaker grills: a Panasonic RX-5120LS.
I got it from ebay for 7 Euro. Nothing special but I like the small Panasonics. Decent quality and sound.

And number four is the A.B.A. Jumbo MG-6000. Like most of the big black no-name-boomboxes pretty lightweight for its size.
But the design is quite nice. Lasonic style speaker guards and a unique tweeter design which reminds me of the stealth fighter :lol:

I took pictures of three more boomboxes but I still need to post process them. So stay tuned...

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
DrmZ said:
And number four is the A.B.A. Jumbo MG-6000. Like most of the big black no-name-boomboxes pretty lightweight for its size.
But the design is quite nice. Lasonic style speaker guards and a unique tweeter design which reminds me of the stealth fighter :lol:
Nice! I used to have an AKA of that box.......Like an idiot I sold it though :sadno:

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Uhhh its been a while.
Time for an update.

I just started taking some new photos of my radios.
First round is all Crown - one of my favourite boombox brands.

First one is my latest find: the Crown CFS-935L.
I like that it shares many design details with the CFS-950L even when its a smaller radio with fewer features.
D71_5591.jpg
D71_5599.jpg
D71_5612.jpg
D71_5606.jpg

Second one is the Crown CFS-950L - my first boombox that started all the madness :dunce:
Still loving it.
D71_5625.jpg
D71_5633.jpg
D71_5639.jpg
D71_5643.jpg

And third is the Crown CFS-945L.
Its not black but more of a dark chocolate color.
I like it a lot and the VUs are very sexy.
This was on my list for a long time and a few month ago I finally got this one.

D71_5653.jpg
D71_5657.jpg
D71_5668.jpg
D71_5680.jpg
D71_5686.jpg

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Very cool boxes, love those Crowns. The 950 is a bit of an icon but I really like that 945 to. How are you doing your pictures!? They look so damn good...

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Thank you!
I use kitchen cabinet fronts from ikea.
The one the radio is standing on is glossy black and behind the radio is a matte black one.
Then you just need to find the right angles to place your photo lamps so you get nice reflections on the chrome parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.