DrmZ Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Wow you just made me look at a D80, very good photos and the reflections add to them!! Thanks for posting your beautiful collection!

JVC838

Member (SA)
Super high quality pictures and awesome boxes, especially the CROWN CSC 980L :w00t:

AK74 said:
ViennaSound said:
AK74 said:
WOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOWWW....awesome, this pics are the best i've ever seen
Welcome on board AK ! :thumbsup: :clap: :hi:
Fatdog said:
Yeah!! Welcome aboard, Andre!! Nice to have you here. :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :cool:
Thanks for the welcome....now i know berlin is great place to collect boomboxes

@DrmZ: do you have interest about a meeting in Dessau at Mai ????
Hi Andre, nice to see you here

Thanks for your SMS´s

Are you still on the hunt for " Youngtimers", so contact me per PM ( this is better then SMS.)

Greetings from Wolfsburg :-)

DrmZ

Member (SA)
skippy1969 said:
Beautiful just Beautiful! :drool: :drool:
I have the Panasonic equal of your RX-F80 walkman boombox.
Yours is very nice and complete. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I like your Crown 980! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hey skippy,

you´ve got the black RX-F80, right? I think I saw it here. I bought it from s2go member tunasingh when he was staying in berlin last year. The headphones belong to a Panasonic RX-1955 walkman but they match nicely =)

@ Andre:
Sounds nice! Count me in.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey andre --
are you still in touch with tunasingh ?
i dont think he is on s2g anymore -
real nice guy -
i bought a mint sanyo 9998 from him--
about 2 years ago
please give him my regards if you see him
thanks

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Blasterpunk said:
one word.... PERFECT!!!
=)
You know, one big reason that I wanted a better camera badly were your great rooftop pictures.
I dont have access to the roof of my flat (it would be icecold and full of snow anyway) so I went with the darth vader look ;)

I just gave a good cleaning to the next six candidates. New shooting tomorrow!

DrmZ

Member (SA)
I was in Brixton last weekend so the photo session delayed a little. Here are the next 5 boomers.

Sharp GF-9000
Good looking but not the best sound quality. Oh, if anybody got a nice rewind button, please contact me.

JVC RC-M70L
Everybodys darling. :thumbsup: Not in the best shape with lots of scratches but it works and I love it!

Eversonic SH-550
I love the design - it´s close to the M70 but more chrome. I would love to see that tweeter grills and grid texture on an M70. Sound is okay.

Stereo Sonic KC-2400L
Almost the same like the Eversonic but no alarm system.

ISP STR-850
Looks very oldschool with analog meters. The sound is not brilliant but not bad and loud enough. It came with me to a reggae festival last year and was running for lots of hours with one set of batteries.
A good every-day-boomer!

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Hey,

finally some updates!

First one is a discolight. Levis 161. I think you all know this kind of boomboxes. Lots of show but cheap production quality and weak sound.
The fake 2x10 Band EQ which in fact is a 2x5 Band EQ is .... well a cute try to make this boombox look hitech =)

The famous Sharp VZ-2500. What can I say its a nice and unique boombox. It was a gift from my roommate who had it in his parents basement for about 10 years. I replaced all belts but still have some problems with skipping of the record player.
However the overall condition is good and everything else is working. When I´ve got too much money one day I will replace the needles, too.

Now for my only two 3-piece-boomboxes. I´m more a fan of the classic look but both are interesting radios.
First one is the Hitachi 3D9 (TRK-9230E) Its in very good condition and comes with nice features like Dolby noise reduction, sweet LED meters, the additional bass woofers off course, a good Line In and a nice and clean sound. That makes it my first choice when I have to record or copy tapes.

Second one is a Contec 3883. It looks very oldschool like old Hifi tape decks. Sound is a little weak. The woofers are to small I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.