Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Beautiful pics! :thumbsup:

redbenjoe said:
agree - there is an expected limit to how big and how deep the bass can be from small woofs :-D
Except in the case of the Studio 1 :thumbsup:

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Hey.

Its time for a little update.
I´m pretty short of money at the moment so I have to pass on a lot of boomboxes but I found a few nice cheap ones in the last month.
Thats the price I have to pay for quitting my job and making music full time now. Music business is tough but pays the rent at the moment.
I hope in the future it will pay some nice boomboxes, too :)

Okay here we go. I´ll start with some german ghettoblasters.

The first is a Mars JR-600. The tuning dial is not original but beside that its in very good condition. Everything works. It sounds pretty good and looks nice, too.

The next one is the famous Universum CTR-2605 "SuperSound 16000". Classic design (looks a bit like a Sharp) - good quality and sound. I paid 15 Euro for this one in MINT CONDITION!

And another Universum. The Senator CTR-2226. Max traded this for my Crown 850. I love the design. Very classy HiFi. The tapedeck needs new belts and you can see theres a big scratch on the tuner glass. Beside that its in very good condition.

This is my Soundmaster TSCR-3266L. An interesting box with just two speakers but slot in tapedeck. It came in bad condition covered in dust but cleaned up pretty good. And I was surprised that everything works.

Next one is a Sony CFS-81L. A few scratches but fully working and very good looking.

Heres a family picture with my CFS-F5S

And another good looking one. Teleton SCR-500. Sweet, right?

If your wondering why this one looks familar: heres a clue ;-)

And finally the beautyfull Crown CSC-945L. Its not mine. I bought it for our member BMoney. I will bring it to the post office tomorrow :yes: :-D
The VU´s are really hot! The only thing that bugs me on this model is the grey handle and the grey back casing. They should have done that in black!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Very nice! Would you say the Universum 16000 has the most bass among that group of boxes?

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Definitely!
Its crazy. You can turn the bass eq to +5 (maximum) and turn up the volume. Up to 7 (of) theres no distortion at all and thats loud.
For such a small box the sound level and quality is great.

The Crown sounds pretty good to but not that much bass. And the EQ is not that effective.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
:-O :drool: :drool: :-O :thumbsup:

omg - its rare to never -
when i see a multibox post -
and go bonkers over EACH picture --

and - all that on the cheap !!
you could not have done better with US$1000 !!
----------------------

and bmoney = SCORES !!! :angelic:
the 945 is THE lookers looker :yes: :yes:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
DrmZ said:
Definitely!
Its crazy. You can turn the bass eq to +5 (maximum) and turn up the volume. Up to 7 (of) theres no distortion at all and thats loud.
For such a small box the sound level and quality is great.
Really? Do you have the Loudness switch on? And what kind of input source are you using?

I always leave the Loudness on, and the bass on max. And under those conditions, if I'm using the tuner or the tape deck, I cannot raise the volume past one-third, without getting distortion. I have to turn the bass down. But that is not a criticism --- It already puts out more bass than most other midsizes.

DrmZ

Member (SA)
I tested it on FM stereo and "Kontur" wich seems to be Loudness is switched to "Aus" (off). From what I understand Loundness is just for lower volumes, right?
The reception was clear and pretty loud. From Volume 4-5 up it was really loud and it started to distort the bass around Volume 7.
The Crown in comparison playing the same radio station (black music radio) lacked deep bass and the sound was less punchy.
They played some kind of modern RnB. I gues playing Dubstep or Drum and Bass it may distort earlier :-D

@RBJ: Thank you! If that crown were cheap it would be mine now ;-) But it wasnt a bad price either. I´m sure Bryan will love it.
But all the other radios were less than 25 euros each.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
DrmZ said:
I tested it on FM stereo and "Kontur" wich seems to be Loudness is switched to "Aus" (off). From what I understand Loundness is just for lower volumes, right?
Basically. I always leave it On, though. I guess if I was outside playing basketball and wanted to turn it up as loud as possible, I'd turn the Loudness off. But since I nearly always listen to my boxes indoors, I leave it On.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Dude you just knock me out :drool: :drool: :drool: . Damn this Mars is one of the best looking boxes :drool: . and other catches... :drool: . Dont make this again please. Dont show em in one post. Give us a time to take some breath :thumbsup: . Congrats :thumbsup: .

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
DAMN, this is a HOT Thread! :jawdrop:

These are some of the best pictures of some of the most unique radios I have ever seen.

Thanks for taking the time and sharing. :yes:

BMoney

Member (SA)
Aug 1, 2009
Northern Cali / Bay Area
DrmZ said:
And finally the beautyfull Crown CSC-945L. Its not mine. I bought it for our member BMoney.

That's awesome, Thomas! :w00t: So cool to see one of my boomboxes in your collection of pictures. :yes:
And I wouldn't have even been able to get this box without your help. :no: I can't thank you enough.
You're the best! :thumbsup: :bow:

redbenjoe said:
and bmoney = SCORES !!! :angelic:
the 945 is THE lookers looker :yes: :yes:
I just wanted to be like you after seeing Superduper's restoration on your 945. :-D :cool:

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
Congrats, really cool boxes :yes:
Love them all.

about the MARS:
is the tape working?
Just trying to rebelt mine :blush:
The tuning knob is looking fine, cant be much difference to the original one :hmmm:

edit: ok, just seen the difference :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.