DrmZ Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
...absolutely beautiful pics...very nice collection of boxes. I have to get around to taking pics of my whole collection one day.... :-D

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Wait folks, thats not all. Here´s the rest.

This one is my latest addition. The Continental GA-3000 in the famous 20-20 style. I use it a lot when I´m chilling with friends in a park and had it with me on the fusion festival.
Works like a charme and looks mean. People really get excited when they see it. The bass could be better from such big speakers. I got to be carefull with the EQs. Too much bass produces distortion on higher volume levels.

Here´s my Aiwa TPR-955. Together with the Panasonic RX-5500 and Crown CSC-950 my favourite midsize boombox. Heavy, good quality and great lines.

Which brings us to the Panasonic RX-5500LS. Classic look, heavy and great quality. What else can a boombox fanatic want? When I started collecting and read the reviews on this boombox I knew I need one.
Now I just need an antenna to make it perfect :( All my replacement antennas are too long.

The next one is a cheap JVC RC-680V. I like the design but beside this its a typical plastic boomer. Too bad about the small speakers behind big grills.

Another cheap boomer is the Sound 4008. It think you will know this one from Conion. Don´t know about this brand but all lettering is german. Only the "spare tape" tray wasn´t translated.
However in some way I like the design. This big protection bars on the sides and the frequency spectrum diagram above the LED meters are nice features.

Next one is the Hitachi TRK-8080E. I like the design of Hitachi in this time. I´m looking for the other models with analog level meters, too. This one needs new belts but everything else is working.

Okay and the last one is a Intercord SRC-2418. I think its a pretty unit. Lots of chrome and in good condition.
Intercord was a german record label that had some success with eurodance music (like e-rotic :thumbsdown: ) in the 90s. Until the were sold to EMI they had some merchandise from record cleaning to electronics in ther catalogue.
I think Roman got an A.K.A. of this model...

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
Oh man.
Even though it's a Cheapy, that JVC RC-680 looks so beautiful to me.
It makes me want to weep.
:sad:
:-D
Cheers OSS :afro:

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Str?nj-B??mb?ks said:
Love the collection and just Love the pics... great job bro! Do you have any Str?nj lookin' boomers?
Hmm, I´ve got the yellow Philips cube. I will take some pictures of my "yellow collection" soon. A trip to the baltic sea is planed. The beach will be a nice environment for my Sony sports and the yellow Philips...

DrmZ said:
Str?nj-B??mb?ks said:
Love the collection and just Love the pics... great job bro! Do you have any Str?nj lookin' boomers?
Hmm, I´ve got the yellow Philips cube. I will take some pictures of my "yellow collection" soon. A trip to the baltic sea is planed. The beach will be a nice environment for my Sony sports and the yellow Philips...
Great DrmZ! I'll be waiting impatiently!

DrmZ

Member (SA)
Time for an update.

The first one is my latest addition.
A beautyfull Yoko. I dont see a model number.
Its a nice midize boombox with classic design and good sound.

Next one is a Sankai TCR-S90. Its a common boombox here with lots of AKAs.
A nice feature are the two headphone sockets which can be assigned to different sources.
You can listen to Tape1 on one headphone and your girlfriend can listen to Tape2 or Radio on the second headphone at the same time. A nice feature.

Here´s an old Sony boombox: CFS-45L. It came from a fleamarket and was my first score in the wild.
Everything works and its in pretty good condition.

Last one is an unusal Grundig RR-2000. It features 6 FM-presets to be configured at the backside.
More HiFi than a classic boombox but still nice.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
A man after my own heart!!!! Wonderful pictures they all look like advertisemnents they are all so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing!!

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Really great collection and superb photographs.
Got to get me some sort of setup like this for taking better shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.