Another JVC RC-M71JW restoration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Here is a teaser crappy cell pic for everyone that is impatient as I am :lol: .

I still have to buff the tuner window in the garage this weekend sometime.

The ONLY issue lurking now is that the cassette play/ff/rw only works for a few seconds then auto stops. I did change the main belt already. Funny thing is, the cassette was fully working before :dunce: . Not sure what's up with that :huh: . I tried to loosen up the plate spring screw to soften the pressure on the flywheel but no luck :thumbsdown: . Maybe I should throw the old belt back in....... :hmmm:

But as of tonight, she sings again! AND IT SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL :drool: :breakdance:

:superduper:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
:lol: :w00t:

:smooch:
Thanks Ira

I am so happy with the paint choice. Sexy.

Will get clear pics after tuner window is done and on.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^^^^

:lol:

I actually told the seller I will send him pictures when I was done. He was pretty happy that I was going to try and fix it up and wanted to see it finished. :yes: It's not a box I am flipping because I won't ever find another one for FREE :w00t: :lol: .

Stretch

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2009
Toronto
www.scribd.com
Man, nice job!

I just can't get over how much better this Colour is than the previous resto. Both turned out well but this one just looks 'right'
:cool:

Waiting for clear pics. Also glad to hear you'll keep it as it's now a very fine specimen.

Eric

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
^^^^

:lol:

I actually told the seller I will send him pictures when I was done. He was pretty happy that I was going to try and fix it up and wanted to see it finished. :yes: It's not a box I am flipping because I won't ever find another one for FREE :w00t: :lol: .
Ha I bet he wont believe it and will think your pulling his leg.
Or his mouth might drop to the floor, one or the other lol.

Dam I got my Led kit as well but no glue gun yet and no time unless I work nights lol.
Goodluck and will be great to see your finished pics :)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks GUYS! :w00t: :smooch:

Had some time this afternoon to try out one of those headlight polishing kits on the front tuner glass of the M71. Those kits work awesome for doing resto on boombox clear plexi!!!!!!!! I recommend the 3M kit. Good instructions and plenty in the kit to do 10 or more boombox tuner windows easy.

There are still gouges in one tweeter surround, the gold plates are going to be tarnished as they are forever, the chrome handle ends still have some pitting, and the broken case repair turned out OK. Good enough for this boombox that went from being a 2 up to a 8 after I got done with it. :breakdance:

Here are the finished pics with the OG black JVC strap I had waiting for it. Gloomy outside today, but when I get the Victor M70, the JVC M70, and the M71 together I will take them outside for a trifecta photoshoot :yes: .

Enjoy ;-) :yes:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks buddy.

I really like the new LED kit a lot. No drilling into the chassis, no screws, no tiny nuts and no little connectors to the new board. Seriously Norm, I love the new kit.

I forgot to take pics when I was installing it, sorry. It was late and I was rushing a bit.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
agree with justcruisin --
would make a spectacular avitar :drool: :drool:

like 10 times cooler than my avitar --
and mine is just a phoney magazine touch-up :thumbsdown:
and joes is THE REAL THING
:yes: :yes: :yes:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
awesome job joe ...glad it worked out for you that tuner glass is fantastic great job for the first one you polished :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stretch

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2009
Toronto
www.scribd.com
Very nice work my friend.

That colour is perfect! And your tuner glass polished out quite nicely. Seems even more reflective than stock! Kudos on another M71 well done :cool:
eric

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Joe, you did an amazing job on the this M71! :w00t: I agree that the paint looks way better than the other one you did. :yes: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.