Another JVC RC-M71JW restoration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Magic :angelic:

That top panel was so roached that I decided to use the spare M71 top plate I had from my last restoration :yes: . The text and overall condition was MUCH better to start with for the restoration. :yes:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I did finally send the PDF file of the M70 top panel text to baddboybill so he can do a trial run printing it to clear sticker stock. I will then plant them on the spare top panel I have to see how it looks :yes: :thumbsup: .

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
redbenjoe said:
little tip --
you local staples store can print on clear stock :-)
I've tried both staples and office max to get clear labels printed and they said a no go. It would have to be screen printed for best results.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey bill -- you must be right --as its YOUR local store --

and maybe my store has discontinued the clear stock --

but -- about 5 years ago --
i had to make a discolite door -- from scratch :-O
and they printed all that artwork on clear stick-on material :cool:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Cassette mech is re-belted. Heads and rubbers are clean. Sliders and knobs are polished up. Mic tweets, needle position trim, and12v trim are all bonded back to the front case. Two "almost" matching vintage antennas are mounted to the rear case, and new foam added to the battery door.

I have to work on buffing out the tuner window plexi because that A-HOLE used a screwdriver on that too and it is really going to take some work to get clear again :thumbsdown: :nonono: .

Box is 80% back together. My LED kit should be here in a day or so and I can probably button it all up by monday/tuesday night :yes: :w00t: .

I'm soooo excited for this one :breakdance: .

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
you are one committed // hard workin' dude :yes: :yes: :yes:
-------------------------------------

where did you get the battery box foam ?
most all of my fleet needs that

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
When I scrap out ugly EGGS, I tear off the foams from their battery doors and re-use them on important boxes :yes: . Also, someone shipped something to me with a open cell foam pad the size of a notebook that is just like battery door foam and I have been cutting strips from that lately ;-) . I use hot glue to re-apply foams :cool: .

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
blu_fuz said:
Box is 80% back together. My LED kit should be here in a day or so and I can probably button it all up by monday/tuesday night :yes: :w00t: .

I'm soooo excited for this one :breakdance: .
wow I just back to see Ur almost done! wat!!
Hey, since the LED controller can handle atleast 2 more,
I was thinking, there is a nook inside near bottom cassette door that you can hotglue a led to shine the cassette so it can reflect the metallic middle that shines thru the cassetge window...
Also, I know I am going overboard,
but I would have place a gold cubic ziconias in each of the two microphone holes and also a led next to it to give it sparkle lol.
Just a thought :)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I picked up some 2000 grit wet sandpaper and a plastic scratch remover kit for this front tuner plexi. I probably won't be able to get all the gouges out but it will be much better than it is now.

Norm worked super duper fast and my white/amber LED kit showed up today already! Woohoo

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
blu_fuz said:
When I scrap out ugly EGGS, I tear off the foams from their battery doors and re-use them on important boxes :yes: . Also, someone shipped something to me with a open cell foam pad the size of a notebook that is just like battery door foam and I have been cutting strips from that lately ;-) . I use hot glue to re-apply foams :cool: .
-------------------------

at home depot today --found the perfect battery cover foam -- :thumbsup:
US$ 1.28 for 3" wide by 6' long grey pipe insulation --
that should fix about 50 covers !!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
That pipe insulation is pretty stiff. Don't you want something that is a little softer?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm done working on my car so now up to the boom room to get the led kit in and close up the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.