Aiwa EXOS-9 Boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Anyone take it apart to take pics? And what's the code number on the amp chips?

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
SLO.

We all here (me itself) are fall in love for ours OG radios... ...but for a day when you just came in home, powers on the speaker and press play in your mobile device (such Apple or Android) and just needs to hear sound (BIG SOUND), that one it's the ONE. (and belive me, that little "black box" can handle LOOOTS of DEEPER BASS).
They not have that "streets apeal" when you see, buts when you HEAR, you (like me) maybe make something for carry arround...

It'light to carry, the battery lasts REAL long and sounds REAL LOUD and clear... ...even with EQ setting OFF, they sounds good with nice bass, mids and highs...

If currency are not so high right now, I'm certainly get me another one, for an Stereo Link.

Cheers.

Martin123

Member (SA)
Dec 12, 2015
THE GOLDEN STATE
Hardmen,
I love your customizaion on this box. I think it does have street appeal if you remove the grill and paint the rings chrome like you did. And the handle you built is awesome. I got some heavy hitter boxes and this Exos is right up there with them. But when it comes to linking two exos together now were talking on a whole different level. I own two exos and linked them. My ears were ringing and it wasnt just loud. It has qaulity sound. It does not distort at maximum level (200watts 400watts linked). If your into turn tables or cassettes just use the line in. If I could link three Exos I would buy a third unit. They also offer an extended battery that lasts like 20 hours. All I can say is try it for yourself and if you're not happy the company will refund you 100% including your shipping. There's a reason it's a five star on Amazon. Joe Born Ceo understands the love of Boomboxes. That's why he's trying to become a member here but is having some issues. Sorry if I talk to much it's the caffeine. Lol We're all brothers here!

An injury to one is an injury to all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Otkn769EE

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
hardmen said:
SLO.

We all here (me itself) are fall in love for ours OG radios... ...but for a day when you just came in home, powers on the speaker and press play in your mobile device (such Apple or Android) and just needs to hear sound (BIG SOUND), that one it's the ONE. (and belive me, that little "black box" can handle LOOOTS of DEEPER BASS).
They not have that "streets apeal" when you see, buts when you HEAR, you (like me) maybe make something for carry arround...

It'light to carry, the battery lasts REAL long and sounds REAL LOUD and clear... ...even with EQ setting OFF, they sounds good with nice bass, mids and highs...

If currency are not so high right now, I'm certainly get me another one, for an Stereo Link.

Cheers.
I hear you bro, I love the nostalgia of all my classics, but your right, sometimes I just wanna feel some pounding bass. I'm just going to have to go for it and try one of these out. For the price, it sounds like a no brainer :cool:

Martin123 said:
Hardmen,
I love your customizaion on this box. I think it does have street appeal if you remove the grill and paint the rings chrome like you did. And the handle you built is awesome. I got some heavy hitter boxes and this Exos is right up there with them. But when it comes to linking two exos together now were talking on a whole different level. I own two exos and linked them. My ears were ringing and it wasnt just loud. It has qaulity sound. It does not distort at maximum level (200watts 400watts linked). If your into turn tables or cassettes just use the line in. If I could link three Exos I would buy a third unit. They also offer an extended battery that lasts like 20 hours. All I can say is try it for yourself and if you're not happy the company will refund you 100% including your shipping. There's a reason it's a five star on Amazon. Joe Born Ceo understands the love of Boomboxes. That's why he's trying to become a member here but is having some issues. Sorry if I talk to much it's the caffeine. Lol We're all brothers here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Otkn769EE
Good to see you posting bro, and may I be the 1st to say :hi: to Boomboxery. I hope Joe can come on board here soon. It would be great to have him as a member here to answer questions or concerns about the EXOS.

Martin123

Member (SA)
Dec 12, 2015
THE GOLDEN STATE
Thank you SLO,
My first time posting anything in my life. I love Boomboxes and I love brotherhood coming from a longshoreman

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
hardmen said:
NICE JOB HARDMEN, you made the Aiwa look amazing :thumbsup:

I haven't posted in awhile...i just read this thread and i am now VERY curious about this Aiwa...for me it's not the prettiest box, but apparently it sounds fantastic...i think it may very well be the next box i buy...but i will let SLO buy one first in case it SUCKS :lol:

I use my TDK 3 speaker box a lot in the summer at my house for parties (i love it)...so if this Aiwa is "better" i want it :-D

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Maybe the "looks" of Aiwa aren't affordable for much people (I like).
But in terms of SOUND... ...face on the radios I leave/have... ...MAN, Aiwa is in 5 or 6 steps ahead in Sound Pressure and Sound Quallity!
You can cranks in max volume, and dosen't stress your ears... ...it's a few devices thats you use, and makes you smile... ...period!

Cheers.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I haven't checked in with this thread at all until now, holy smokes that has some power and range.

But upon further reading this thing doesn't have a tuner? That is a deal breaker for me. I know you can stream radio from your phone/ipod but if you don't have unlimited data or a wifi to hook up to then you are dead in the water for live radio.

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
blu_fuz said:
I haven't checked in with this thread at all until now, holy smokes that has some power and range.

But upon further reading this thing doesn't have a tuner? That is a deal breaker for me. I know you can stream radio from your phone/ipod but if you don't have unlimited data or a wifi to hook up to then you are dead in the water for live radio.
Don't forget those Aiwas still have an 3mm plug Aux Jack, for times that you can't streaming nothing!!

Cheers.

Martin123

Member (SA)
Dec 12, 2015
THE GOLDEN STATE
Hi blu_fuz,
Hardmen is correct. You can play your radio from your walkman hooked up to the plug aux or you can purchase something like this. And I think it has a usp port to charge your devices.Screenshot_2016-01-19-08-13-03.png

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
Many things/functions that maybe Aiwa could put before launches the E9 (thats makes him a REAL boombox).
But all cons "falls down", when you CRANKS the volume...

Somebody older on forum NEEDS to buy one, to hear the TRUTH...

I'm not just try to gain something from Aiwa for my praises... ...it's just something YOU NEED to hear for belive (even hearing, maybe you just "don't belive").

Cheers.

Martin123

Member (SA)
Dec 12, 2015
THE GOLDEN STATE
Hardmen,
You are absolutely correct "Somebody older on forum NEEDS to buy one, to hear the Truth..." I am oldschool too. There are some ugly boxes that put out some great sound. I have to give credit where credit is due. I come to this forum to get feedback on boxes I want but don't have. You guys have saved me money on buying boxes that were overated. This box is definitely not overated. Me and Hardmen are believers and you will be too. I think Riker also had some opinions months earlier on this thread. This is not an epay purchase where you are taking a chance. The owner Joe Born is saying...here blast the box try it out anc if you're not happy. Return it no questions asked. There's not to many products on ebay with a 4.9 rating. Also Blu_fuz Joe Born has been trying to get in on this conversation but it's not validating his email. Thanks

Attachments

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Now, all Aiwa needs to do is set themselves up on www.amazon.ca so that the Canadian buyers can buy one and see what all the hype is about...i'll buy one...test it...push it's limits...then come back here and post a review and my personal opinion...not that my opinion matters much :lol:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
gsbadbmr said:
I haven't posted in awhile...i just read this thread and i am now VERY curious about this Aiwa...for me it's not the prettiest box, but apparently it sounds fantastic...i think it may very well be the next box i buy...but i will let SLO buy one first in case it SUCKS :lol:
:lol: Good looking out buddy :lol: Well even though I've never heard one in person, I trust the opinions and feedback from the members here that actually own one. Thats good enough for me, I think it would be a great addition to my collection.

Martin123 said:
Thank you SLO,
My first time posting anything in my life. I love Boomboxes and I love brotherhood coming from a longshoreman

Your welcome man, this is THE place to be :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.