Aiwa EXOS-9 Boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
The TDK 3 speaker is king...i use mine all summer without any issues :-D

I am "curious" about this new Aiwa...i'm looking forward to the reviews when you guys get yours :thumbsup:

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Not that I can find. And I was kinda pissed off. I was led to think it came off. Very limited control use. This thing pounds out some sound. Light weight and can be carried everywhere.

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Surprisingly very light in weight. Solid, easy carry. Puts out the sound and bass nice. Well worth the cost. It's a nice listen @40% power. Higher does just that. It gets up there. The grill will show marks from the oils on your finger tips. The power switch in the rear is sew hat a pain in the boot. The display turns off quickly, with no way of keeping illuminated full time. The battery charges super fast.

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
The eq you preset will stay in that play mode. Not equipped with a motion analyzer. All illumnations **** off making it a completely black box with music coming from it. Amazon has all five star rating. WS kinda cool at the spate of the moment to just bring and put on vanity while I shaved.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
That's disappointing that there isn't any kind of light show from it. I thought there was a spectrum display on the front.

Also, given how light it is, how far can you crank it before the chassis starts resonating?

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
No dispay is a bummer. The 4 presets you can crank without issue. The manual full out goes insanely loud. I set all to level 4 and it handles full out blast. Put to highest setting 6 across the board pushes it too much. But I recommend this a must have to all collectors

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Based on what I have, I would need to do a sound test. But from my speculations. The conion has super power and gets screaming loud. But the aiwa has a cleaner sound with productive bass. The M70 is another loud unit and distorts kinda soon. The aiwa disperses sound better through its 5 speaker system. The 777 is a cool sound. But the aiwa would kill it I think. Not sure about the not pictured 6400. But a side by side would be a better test. But in ending. Just buy 1. You'll be pleasantly surprised for what you get for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.