Aiwa EXOS-9 Boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old skewl

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2012
PA
Not sure how I missed this modern day boombox, especially being an Aiwa and all!?!?! I happened to see it in the most recent Crutchfield flyer. I am considering picking one up since I've been wanting to buy a nicer sounding BT speaker. How are these units holding up after a couple years of use? Are you guys still happy with it? Any other mods worth noting?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Smokes any vintage 1-piece in bass production

It highlights the advantage of digital devices......Their circuit boards are smaller, and most of them don't have a tape deck either.....This frees up space to allow creative bracing reinforcements inside the chassis. The Aiwa weighs much less than an M70 yet destroys it in bass without vibrating or flexing itself to pieces.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Old skewl said:
Not sure how I missed this modern day boombox, especially being an Aiwa and all!?!?! I happened to see it in the most recent Crutchfield flyer. I am considering picking one up since I've been wanting to buy a nicer sounding BT speaker. How are these units holding up after a couple years of use? Are you guys still happy with it? Any other mods worth noting?
Mines still going STRONG. The Exos pumps out some serious Bass. I love mine still.

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/24739-aiwa-exos-9-tribute-to-the-aiwa-880-update-with-new-blu-fuz-custom-handle/?hl=tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.