What Rare Boomboxes do you own??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrixambience

Member (SA)
May 8, 2010
Strasburg,PA
Hey Skippy...That RX-F20 you have, does it have a line in/line out RCA jacks, and a built-in transformer? That looks nice! I also love that RX-5700! When and where did you get that one?

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
tosh 40
crown 945
sanyo 7830
sanyo 7880
vinix :thumbsup:
sharp 787
ITT touring 120
delmon :-D :-O ..
lasonic 909
grundig rr3000
philips red roller
aiwa 980
sony cs7

quite a few more ;-)

thanks for asking :-P :lol: :-D :lol: :lol: :breakdance: :drool:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Hmm I'll go through mine today and post some pix.. but where does 'rare' stop? Is a DiscoLite rare?
I could say a lot of my radios are rare in .au just because they've been imported from the u.s or .jp.
Lasonics are ULTRA rare here, for example.

So are we talking rare based on your locality or rare based on what you see on boomboxery?

Setttling this will sve me a lot of work!

Rock On.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
:-D :-D
Hitachi TRK8600RM -2 of our members own it other than me
Pioneer SK750
Panasonic RX5350
Panasonic RX7200
panasonic RX7000
Panasonic RX5700
Korean version of the C-100F
JVCRC550 Rare?
SONY CF85S ZILBAP Rare?
Sharp GF9696F Rare?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Gluecifer said:
Hmm I'll go through mine today and post some pix.. but where does 'rare' stop? Is a DiscoLite rare?
I could say a lot of my radios are rare in .au just because they've been imported from the u.s or .jp.

So are we talking rare based on your locality or rare based on what you see on boomboxery?

Rock On.
Well I guess rare for locality :yes: for example... We already know Lasonics are not rare in the states but they are rare everywhere else. Same like Telefunken seems to be popular in Germany but less so here in the states. But when I look on EBay and Craigslist the boxes I own that don't seem to ever show up hardly are the ones I chose ;-)

And for as long as I've been collecting and searching, over three years...the Technics model Is one I have never seen before... That is before Scott showed it to me :thumbsup: But what I'd really like to know are the ones that are so rare on this Earth :-O That's why I'm asking for everyone to try and participate to rule out so we can really know the rarest :thumbsup:

Pictures are very helpful :-D

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I've got a lot of radios that I'd consider rare, ones that only a couple of other collectors have, like my red Perdisco, Denons and such.

But the radio I have that I consider the rarest is ironically the one I had in the 80s that I've recently scored as I've never ever seen another in anyones collection or any other place online.

And now, I have BOTH colour variations, the silver one I didn't even know existed until recently.

So I'd say this Philips of all my 150+ boomboxes is the most rare model I own.

Rock On.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Matrixambience said:
Hey Skippy...That RX-F20 you have, does it have a line in/line out RCA jacks, and a built-in transformer? That looks nice! I also love that RX-5700! When and where did you get that one?
Hey Matrix,the RX-F20 does have RCA line in and line outs but it requires an 9 volt ac adapter to operate on ac voltage. :yes: :thumbsup:
The RX-5700 I for from BadboybillI traded a few boxes for it and my left nut,LOL!!!! :angelic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Gluecifer said:

Rock On.
I would like to see rare meaning rare full stop !
Disco Robo is meant to be rare but every collector in Australia
has at least 5 :lol:

So whats the rarest amongst fellow collectors on the forum ??

bytor

Member (SA)
May 16, 2010
I think these are rare but also agree with many posters that a lot of these are geographically based.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
skippy1969 said:
Matrixambience said:
Hey Matrix,the RX-F20 does have RCA line in and line outs but it requires an 9 volt ac adapter to operate on ac voltage. :yes: :thumbsup:
The RX-5700 I for from BadboybillI traded a few boxes for it and my left nut,LOL!!!! :angelic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey if you you want your left nut back I'd be willing to trade it back for the National :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: then your wife would be happy ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.