What Rare Boomboxes do you own??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
No problem, you can post here and I'll add them. Close-up of the rear label and LED meter always appreciated. :-)

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Cool, thanks! What up with that tuner light, is it original? Is it always on or is there a button?

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Reli said:
Cool, thanks! What up with that tuner light, is it original? Is it always on or is there a button?
Hi Reli. Yes sir. Most bulbs are burnt out on these and most are unaware they lit up. This one was burnt out as well when I received it. I replaced it with an OEM spec bulb. It lights when on AC power only and stays on with the power button when switched on.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
I love that GE stereo - It has all the right features good build quality & is the essence of early low cost (at the time) machines that many did not realise were much better than they may have thought!!

I want one badly :-)

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Here's my oddity - The 'Uher Power Port 2' A generic (I think) stereo but like the GE Transistorized owns, it has just the right features & a very good cassette deck which was seized up & dead on arrival :-D Soft touch & very stable!!

Junked the factory speakers & transplanted brand new Panasonic co-axial's resulting in a much better sound :yes: :yes: :yes:

1.jpg

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Nickeccles said:
I love that GE stereo - It has all the right features good build quality & is the essence of early low cost (at the time) machines that many did not realise were much better than they may have thought!!

I want one badly :-)
Thanks Nickeccles. It's nice to see the old girl being appreciated.

Nickeccles said:
Here's my oddity - The 'Uher Power Port 2' A generic (I think) stereo but like the GE Transistorized owns, it has just the right features & a very good cassette deck which was seized up & dead on arrival :-D Soft touch & very stable!!

Junked the factory speakers & transplanted brand new Panasonic co-axial's resulting in a much better sound :yes: :yes: :yes:

1.jpg
I am mentioning to my wife that if anything happens to me that I want you to have my GE :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.