Bumpboxx renounces partnerships with some

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Transistorized said:
I've been spending so much time browsing the General section that I have been missing all of this. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to two of our finest members. On any given day I remember seeing Dave posting and propping up the Bumpboxx brand.

I have heard a few that are talking about smashing or burning their Bumpboxx. I paid $499.99 for mine. Yes...that's correct! I didn't get any specials. I paid Full price and thought it was in stereo when purchased. I assumed and that bit me. I'll continue to use my Bumpboxx until it dies but after that, I plan to go my own way with it and finally make the thing stereo :-) I personally wouldn't be disrespectful to anyone if they had a Bumpboxx because IMO it doesn't make sense to take what has happened out on owners or the BT Speaker itself. We all know that we are good people here. While I am disappointed in what has happened, I hope to get my 500 dollars out of my box nonetheless. Glad I got a good one that hasn't given any issues in 2 years.

Some interesting facts. I was the first to post a video on YouTube and get the word out about it being Mono (since been removed). I also was the first to find out that the Gen1 could record onto USB and SD Card. In my manual it wasn't known. I contacted them via FB and this led to reprints of the manual adding this feature.....no credit to me was given but hey...I didn't expect it either.

Again, I feel bad for Dr Der and Lasonic. On a good note I have been very happy with the community here. It's hard to believe its been years since I joined.
Your absolutely right T, People should enjoy their purchase and there shouldn't be any animosity regarding these or any BT speaker systems.

I do remember you posting about it recording, funny thing is, Rob and Dave of Bumpboxx didn't even know these could record until I told them. It's not really their fault either. In the end, they are merely cobbling together Chinese parts and found a combination to market that quite frankly, Jimmy, Floyd and many other pioneers on this site had worked out all these years ago. From tool batteries, to class D amps, to Bluetooth mods, it was all done here first. That in it's self deserves respect!
:beer2:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Dr DER said:
Looks like Bumpboxx and I will be parting ways. After all I have done for them they decided to cut me out of the loop . It's all good. LOL.. Karma is a motherfarkers..
Dude... I just saw this... you were kinda like their hype man. What the heck is going on with them? I never did see if Chris posted his final story.

Edit:

After thoroughly reading every post I see Chris hasn't shared his final story, and for good reason.

That's too bad things turned south with them. I never had a bad word to say about Bumpboxx. It wasn't my style but there's boomboxes that also aren't my style so none of that bothered me. It seemed like they had good intentions at that start but it seems maybe that changed. Unfortunately.

I don't have any bashing to say about Bumpboxx aside from it being a total shame of them just kicking two great guys to the curb (Chris & Dave) in the way it seems they did. That's pretty sad. Especially with how much promoting, insight, time and energy they've put into that company.

You guys rock, keep rocking.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Looks like Bumpboxx and I will be parting ways. After all I have done for them they decided to cut me out of the loop . It's all good. LOL.. Karma is a motherfarkers..
Dude... I just saw this... you were kinda like their hype man. What the heck is going on with them? I never did see if Chris posted his final story.

Edit:

After thoroughly reading every post I see Chris hasn't shared his final story, and for good reason.

That's too bad things turned south with them. I never had a bad word to say about Bumpboxx. It wasn't my style but there's boomboxes that also aren't my style so none of that bothered me. It seemed like they had good intentions at that start but it seems maybe that changed. Unfortunately.

I don't have any bashing to say about Bumpboxx aside from it being a total shame of them just kicking two great guys to the curb (Chris & Dave) in the way it seems they did. That's pretty sad. Especially with how much promoting, insight, time and energy they've put into that company.

You guys rock, keep rocking.
Thanks man, Dave and I offered up what we had. But we are about the old school boxes. :thumbsup:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
blu_fuz said:
No regrets here, but the fact that they took some of our members for a ride makes me want to smash mine.
Go on smash it up and put it on youtube, i'll pay you lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Kenpat said:
No regrets here, but the fact that they took some of our members for a ride makes me want to smash mine.
Go on smash it up and put it on youtube, i'll pay you lol
I saw this reply coming up the road like a parade.
:lol:

well i would if i had one :lol: :rock:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahhahaha. I hear ya!

If the bumpboxx wasn't my go-to "outside" party blaster, I would be letting it go. It has a lot of ugly features but it does 2 things very well..... It is LOUD and plays on battery for a LOOOOOOONG time.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Hell I wouldn't pay a hundred bucks for the whole box lol. These are as useless as that f****** Johnny 5 Robot because he can't do a damn thing without input.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I saw this on Instagram, thought I would post it up. Not sure what caused it, but Stryder AKA Hip Hop Trooper posted a video of him throwing away a bunch of Bumpboxx promotional materials with the hashtag #GetGone

IMG_20180727_174308.png
IMG_20180727_174335.png
IMG_20180727_174353.png
IMG_20180727_174414.png
IMG_20180727_174430.png
IMG_20180727_174448.png

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Maybe they re-posted one of his videos without permission, like they did to me :lol:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
In my opinion the whole bumpboxx craze is bullshit, the motherfuckers basically stole ideas and dropped the people who helped them get started , **** bumpboxx and the lame ass horse they rode in on.

These things will never be anything but aux input whores , oh my bad I forgot Bluetooth whore.