Bombeat 40 getting lots of love

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLopez

Member (SA)
May 8, 2009
:jawdrop: WOW I mean WOW what an incredible job. Great going Frank very skillful and what a lucky guy Ira is it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats to both of ya for bringing this Toshiba 40 back to life and very I mean very minty. :-D . I love to see jobs like these cause it means that no matter how old is the boombox or how dirty or bang up there is a way to bring it back to it's original look and sound. :-D

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Damn Damn Damn you rock frank :drool: :drool: :w00t: one word of advice, after all this hard work i wouldn't rely on the post :no: :-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
frank --your work on the casting and the chrome and the case and the knobs and the switches
and the grills
and the glass -----
is such so outfriggenstanding.....i am almost speechless :-) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: :drool: :drool: :drool:

i never expected that nasty old box to look even 1/2 that good..
----------------------------------------------------

up till just now -
all my favorite photos were of cars and girls and bikes...and that sort of crap :lol: :lol:

but --these are my all-time favs :angelic: :yes: :-O :-D :-D
-----------------------------------

' how does it sound' ????????????? :-)

btw --did you go out a buy a whole new outfit...
to wear for the black tosh 40 ?? :-O
looks :cool: :cool: :cool: :surf: :-D

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
That box looks like it just came out of the box and plastic. :w00t: :drool: Un-Freakin'-believable that is the same box we saw at the meet. Incredible work! :yes:

I am bowing to you now... and changing your name to Master-Frank.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Well today was the first time since ive had it here that i got to give it a good listen.
I must say it is a very nice sounding box!!!
The highs and FM stereo seem to fade sometimes but when you mess with the function selector it seems to come back.
The function selector switch is very finicky which i believe is effecting the signal path.
I strongly believe this box will sound 100% better with a good going through.
The switches and knobs have already been deoxed before I got it so I believe it is more than just a cleaning job.
But I will leave the rest to Super.
I am very nervous about shipping this box as I have alot of hours into it and the fact that its so rare is quite unnerving.
I am going to spend the next week gathering up shipping materials for bomb proof packaging for the next destination.
Thanks for all the compliments guys I will let you know it has been an honor to be left in charge of this project and I am very
happy to see it done and I will be even happier when its back home to its rightful owner. :stereo:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
frank --i have had the good luck to have known the awesome kind of packing you do-
so...i am not nervous about the 3500 mile trip :-O

lets just hope they dont LOSE IT
:'-( :sadno: :nonono: :lol: :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I'm shedding small tears of joy after looking at the newest pics. :blush: Frank, you did such an amazing job on that Toshiba. You should get some kind of award or medal for that. :yes:

A series of scenes just popped into my head:

Seeing Frank coming out of his house with a really big box with FRAGILE stickers all over it...
Next you see Frank stopping by the UPSP to drop it of...
Last you see the UPSP Truck driving out with the box and behind it a convoy of about 50 cars (just like an Indian raid on a wagon in a cowboy movie) from all the Boomboxery members tight behind it!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Absolutely Amazing on the clean up and also the repair on this Toshiba.
You have absolutely given this box a second chance at being Freekin' Awesome !!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Now you got me nervous Frank! :-O

Something like that and so rare, plus it's one of my all time favs. :yes:

May the boombox gods protect "The Black Beauty"! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.