ATTENTION UK MEMBERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Great to see you all guys having a good time !! :-D
I so wish i was there to meet you in person,who knows maybe next time..
By seeing all the pictures i am so jealous for not being there.
Amazing to see your faces too ! Peace to all :-)
A Big hello to each and every one of you from the South.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
dits said:
You sooooo should've made it mate :-)

Nice bit of crumpet lol ;-) :-)

(For any non-Brits its what he's eating!!)IMG_3919.JPG

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
You sooooo should've made it mate :-)

Nice bit of crumpet lol ;-) :-)

(For any non-Brits its what he's eating!!)
IMG_3919.JPG
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, tasty too. Thanks for showing me the way!

T-STER said:
Tea and crumpets, that's it he is indoctrinated into the way already!
I also had some PIMM :w00t: :yes:

I'm also a Proper Punter!!!!! :rock:

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Yes you did Pimms o'clock :clap: and you were a punter haha.

There were a few punters around the gaff that day :cool:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
There really is not much more I can say that's not already been said, but I will try anyway.

I live possibly the closest to Rudy, so I really should not have been late or got lost, unfortunately both happened and what should have been about an hours drive turned into 3 hours with a central London detour :bang:

When I arrived the event was in full swing, I was a bit worried the weather would ruin the day but Rudy had it well covered and everybody was inside, there was boxes everywhere and I mean everywhere, there must have been well over 100 boxes spread around the rooms we were in. The kitchen had become a boombox field hospital, the living room was kind of a display and holding area, and the conservatory was the main social and listening area.
The boxes on display were totally stunning, my personal faves were Docs M90 and Geoffs silver 550 :drool: i also quite liked Stereomads little Discolite. Its always great to see and hear boxes in the flesh for the first time.
It was a very hands on event with plenty of boxes being sound tested in the conservatory and some in the living room.
The living room kind of become a negotiation area as deals started to get struck throughout the day. People would disappear for a time, then reappear looking very happy. There really was so much going on with chat, repairs and deals, not to mention eating and drinking, that the day just absolutely flew by.

It was great to see some old friends and to also meet some new friends who i now feel like ive known for years, well i guess i kind of have, but you know what i mean. Also nice to have a brief facetime chat with Dr Der, West Coast representing (Dr Der, that was me that took that picture,i will post it up later).

Well done to everybody who travelled, especially our Northern Brothers and Sisters and certainly Chris travelling from Italy, it really was Planes, Trains, Bright Yellow Buses and Automobiles :-D

Thankyou to Rudy and Seb who purchased boxes from me, i hope you enjoy them.

Thankyou to Tre who gave me a lift back to the hotel.

Thankyou to Chris for getting the ball rolling with this meet.

The biggest thankyou has to go Rudey for hosting this event, as others have said you truly are a natural at this, although a lot of us had never meet, everybody was relaxed and at total ease with each other, and that is because of the vibe you put out, and the warm welcome which gave to each of us as we arrived :hooray:
Please extend my gratitude to your family for letting us take over their home, they take "mi casa es tu casa" to a new level.

Im going to upload my pics later tonight so if anybody does not want there picture online just let me know :-)

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Well said Dave, i agree with everything and especially the bit around the hosting and thanking the family.
Truly amazing.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Love the last part of the first vid...ends up like a kinda time lapse thing of everyone moving about with the big boxes and ends up with Rudey gurning like a goodun...brilliant. Watched it twice! :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Northerner said:
Love the last part of the first vid...ends up like a kinda time lapse thing of everyone moving about with the big boxes and ends up with Rudey gurning like a goodun...brilliant. Watched it twice! :-)
:lol: Yeah, King Rory and his hooligans!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Wow, what an amazing meet! That little CS-M1 looks like a USB thumb drive compared to the Bumpboxx. :lol: :lol: Can we get a picture of all the guys with their usernames?

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Fatdog said:
Wow, what an amazing meet! That little CS-M1 looks like a USB thumb drive compared to the Bumpboxx. :lol: :lol: Can we get a picture of all the guys with their usernames?
IMG_3902.JPG

Ok so we have Dave (imalanpartridge), Chris (lasonic), Dave (docs), Charlotte (Mrs Docs!), Seb (from S2G), Rory (hisrudeness), Si (northerner), Geoff (geoffhartwell), Tre (t-ster), and Lee (stereomad)

Status
Not open for further replies.