Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Here is my pride and joy mono.
It my Aiwa TPR300A from Germany.
I don't think Aiwa imported any of these to the U.S.
The tuner goes to 104mhz.
It has an awesome tuner and sounds superb with its oval woofer and a real tweeter.
Separate bass and treble too.

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
MY RARE AND ONLY MONO IS A TOSHIBA RT 2500 THAT I GOT THIS WEEK FOR 10 POUNDS.CANT SHOW A PIC AS NO CAMERA PHONE AND I CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE ON THE WEB? :thumbsdown: STARTED OUT IN CANADA I THINK AS ITS 120 VOLTS AND HAS AN UNUSUAL FRENCH TEXTED STICKER ON THE BACK-IF ANYONE CAN PUT UP A PIC I WOULD BE MEGA GREATFUL ;-)

Jul 23, 2013
Upstate New York
I have two mono jamboxes - though these are more of the radio-recorder class...

My_Electra_jambox.jpg

Found in the wild with its owners manual laid on top. Needed a new belt - is very picky about the ones I have on hand so it still needs one) - and major cleaning of the battery terminals. Doesn't record all that well. Suspect duff bias oscillator or capactiors.

My_GE_jambox.jpg

Another find in the wild. This was very dusty but otherwise functional. Note how the flash catches a bit of subterfuGE on the part of the Nonspecific Voltacis company in regards to the illusion of a larger speaker than what it really has.

One mono-box I'd like to find is the 1979 or 1980 jambox from Sony that mum gave my late brother for Christmas. He spent many an hour taping stuff off the radio with that thing. If someone could point me to an online gallery or model listing so I don't have to wade through a Google search...

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Ghetteaux Les Fabulous said:
....If someone could point me to an online gallery or model listing so I don't have to wade through a Google search...
Was that the spherical one that looked like a sort of fully grown Panapet? Couldn't find anything on the web for it but if that's the set you meant then imagine a brightly coloured sphere with a handle sculpted into it, overall size around that of a ten pin bowling ball and in a range of extremely bright colours.

Jul 23, 2013
Upstate New York
Beosystem10 said:
Was that the spherical one that looked like a sort of fully grown Panapet? Couldn't find anything on the web for it but if that's the set you meant then imagine a brightly coloured sphere with a handle sculpted into it, overall size around that of a ten pin bowling ball and in a range of extremely bright colours.
No, it was an ordinary jambox with (I think) 2-way mono speakers. It would either be a 1979/80 model or a 1980/81 model.

It would seem the Stereo2go site has (albeit incomplete) listings of stereo boxes but ignores their mono brethren.

*Update* Found it! Isn't the internet wonderful?

Sony CFM-23a.jpgSony CFM-23b.jpg

It's a model CFM-23. Started him on his (pitifully short) lifelong hobby of taping and collecting music.

devol-toni

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
Macedonia, Skopje City
Sazeus said:
Woah, what is that crazy thing second from the bottom? Maro does it say? There are many controls for one little speaker.
:-D
It says "Marc". The radio is " SRC Crusader Marc NR94F1"
Manufacturer is Standard Radio Corp - Japan.
It has powerful world radio receiver with the cassette recorder. :-)

edit: as I know, it's quite rare to find this radio nowadays anywhere for sale.
There is another German version "pan crusader" listed on radio museum.
But they don't have listed this original Japanese version :-)

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Never had mono but hopefully if I get it there is a shot to get rid of it?
LOL
Seriously tho.
Never had a Mono box

Status
Not open for further replies.