Who's got Mono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Great pics in this thread! Keep 'em comin'!!!!

Here's the storyline on this one.... My wife's grandmother died a couple of weeks ago (RIP Inez Hill) and they had to clean out her apartment.... Afterwards, my wife came home after a long day of shedding tears and handed me a cute little Sony monobox which actually belonged to my son's great grandfather (whom he'd never met). Little David took to it immediately!

And when she dressed him up in his cassette t-shirt I had to pull the box off the shelf and snap some pics. I like how this one turned out....

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Thanks guys... He actually plays with a lot of my boxes (supervised, of course) and I pretty much always have a camera ready and not too far away...

I'll be kicking off a thread calling out for members to show their kids with their boomers soon! I've got a good little collection of pics of him with gear that is growing. Should be a fun one!

'Cuz we gotta pass this on!!! Boomboxery must live forever!!!!!

Now, getting back onto topic... here is my other mono, a Lloyds pre-80's unit!

djetaine

Member (SA)
May 13, 2010
dont have any mono tape decks but I do have these: (sorry for the crappy pics, these are just crops from a larger picture since im not at home"

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
There's some nice half-a-boom going on here.
Some I've seen some I haven't, I still love to look.
FD, that Panny radio Shore is purty!!

Cheers OSS :afro:

nz boom

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2010
i need to get me one of the big jvcs. do thay have big bass? my sony 8" has. :thumbsup:

nz boom

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2010
you would think having that 3 way set up it would rock .10'' is a lot of air to move.
ViennaSound said:
nz boom said:
i need to get me one of the big jvcs. do thay have big bass? my sony 8" has. :thumbsup:
Not really... :-/
Many smaller stereos blow it away.
But the look of it is still unique! :sin:

devol-toni

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
Macedonia, Skopje City
Boom Shaka Laka said:
A somewhat rare version of the JVC 550... with no FM... proving that rarer isn't always better!

[ Image ]
Hmm,
BooShLa,
Sometimes, some disadvantages are not so important, but uniqueness is. :yes:

Boomboxes without FM band are common in late seventies and early eighties in the Middle East and North Africa.
Therefore, because this boomboxes can be found (rarely ) only in Europe, your RC-550 is VERY VERY RARE in USA.
I know this because my best friend from childhood (now sadly deceased) was received a gift, exactly RC-550, without FM band, from his father who worked in Libya like structural engineer in that time.
He bought it on the Airport free-shop in Tripoli.

I owned several boxes without FM band and I'm very proud of them. :yes: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.