Who's got Mono?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
These mono's are great :yes:
Sadly i had sooo many that when i realised i was running out of room they where the first
to go :'-( .
But here are my keepers

This one says 2 speakers, does it still count ? ;-)

just got this one recently

and Boom Shaka beat me to it but here is mine

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
AZA said:
Boom Shaka beat me to it but here is mine
Makes no difference who posts it first. When you've got something this nice (and it IS nice!), you gotta show it. Welcome to the 5410 Club! :-D

Love the variety and styling of the mono's in this thread! Nothing like some good eye-candy for the holidays. Hope the posting goes on for a lo-o-n-n-g time!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Here's pretty much my only mono. $3 or $4 at thrift store. Fully working!

I like the undstated design. And it was made at a time when Lloyds apparently made better gear. The buttons and switches are all much more substantial-feeling than any of the later plastic-fantastic Lloyds boxes I've seen.

It sounds like half of a Panasonic RX-5185, if that makes any sense.

devol-toni

Member (SA)
May 15, 2009
Macedonia, Skopje City
WOW AZA :w00t:

You found N/P R-5310 without FM band, only MW, SW1, SW2, and SW3. FM band is available only on RF-5310 model.

BTW, every mono is beautiful to me, thanks for sharing guys :w00t: :yes:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Boom Shaka Laka said:
AZA said:
Boom Shaka beat me to it but here is mine
Makes no difference who posts it first. When you've got something this nice (and it IS nice!), you gotta show it. Welcome to the 5410 Club! :-D
Thankyou sir :-D . I would have 2 of these if i could just find another ;-)

devol-toni said:
WOW AZA :w00t:

You found N/P R-5310 without FM band, only MW, SW1, SW2, and SW3. FM band is available only on RF-5310 model.
Yes your right DT :yes: no FM on this one. I knew it was the same as yours when i picked it up but it
seemed somehow a little different ?? Yours has the FM ? The 5310 is a nice looking Mono :yes:

Boom Shaka Laka

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Detroit
devol-toni said:
WOW AZA You found N/P R-5310 without FM band, only MW, SW1, SW2, and SW3.
Now that you mention it, my JVC-RC-550 doesn't have an FM band, either. I used to be ashamed of that, but not anymore!

Thanks, d-t!!! :thumbsup:

manimal347

Member (SA)
May 14, 2010
Mono boxes seem so much more logical to me. Stereo separation isn't that great when speakers are a foot from each other, and using only one set reduces amp and speaker costs, saves battery power, reduces heft, and can be compensated for with a higher-power mono amp and better quality drivers, if desired. Plus, I love the visually unbalanced look some of these boxes have.

Oh yeah, and that Sony is wondrous. Great condition, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.