This might be a big one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Sux when all you can do is helplessly watch like this & pray... :thumbsdown:

Hope Jimmy & Jr along with their families are safe...still looks pretty dangerous. :-O

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
that nasty storm --unfortunately realized 100% of the most negative predictions :thumbsdown:

at least --most all involved were warned --long enough in advance to prepare --

now 1st responders like jimmy have all pressure and most of the work

worse - is they have the same or bigger problems that the folks they help all day...

= gigantic bummer

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Fatdog said:
Has anybody heard from James (MONOLITHIC)? He's in Philadelphia. I just saw that 1.2 million people are without power there. :-O
Haven't heard, but he (or someone with his account) is still tweeting..

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i'm still alive fellas :lol:
not much happened in my area and not much power loss because pepco was forced to cut down all the trees that were falling on the power lines that usually fall down whenever the wind blows after the last wind storm we had .

i'm glad it's over i hate these storms and i hope everyone made it through ok.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
JVC Floyd said:
i'm still alive fellas :lol:
not much happened in my area and not much power loss because pepco was forced to cut down all the trees that were falling on the power lines that usually fall down whenever the wind blows after the last wind storm we had .

i'm glad it's over i hate these storms and i hope everyone made it through ok.
Good to hear from you buddy and that your safe :-) on another note, tuning knob on way :thumbsup:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
redbenjoe said:
anyone hear from jimmy today ?
Yes. He called Me today during His 16hr shift. He was SO excited because He saved a baby kitten that was clinging to it's dead Mother under a dumpster. Jimmy took it to His Vet of 20 yrs. There, they washed the sand out of her eyes, bathed and fed her. Jimmy will follow up tomorrow to find 'Sandy' a new home. He made Us proud of Him today. It's those little things that warm Your heart during all that madness. I keep telling Jimmy to "Be a Blessing to someone today". That was what My High School buddy's GrandMother always told Us to be. :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
redbenjoe said:
Yeah he called me too. He was very tired and in awe about all the damage. He said Coney Island was no more. He also told me about a few friends of his that no one has heard from in a couple days.. Very sad!!! And jimmy helped another friend from his corvette club putting his vette on stands in garage before storm hit and well both vette's and his house were destroyed by 9' of water. So so sad but at least we know Jimmy and his family are safe and so far the rest of are crew whom live up in north eastern US seem to be ok. Hope to hear from them all real soon ;-)

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Thanks Bobby for that link those pictures gives us a better look in the devastation from Sandy.

I truly feel sad for those who lost their life like this one Police officer saving his family but he drowned after doing so. I mean it really breaks your heart to hear such tragedy as this but to think that there countless others that goes untold.

Scientists are predicting that this could be a trend on future storms to track more towards the northeast this is not the kind of news New York needs right now.

This was just a tropical storm when it hit the New Jersey coastline and look at the devastation it caused imagine a cat 2,3,4, or 5 hurricane. :-O

I heard from some of my co-workers here in Tampa Florida that our taxes may go up due to this situation in NY don't know how true this is, but you know if it can help NY why not!

My prayers goes out to all those affected by this storm & to all the first responders.

I hold a special place for my crazy town.

God Bless New York.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
baddboybill said:
redbenjoe said:
.......and so far the rest of are crew whom live up in north eastern US seem to be ok. Hope to hear from them all real soon ;-)
I received PM replies from Old School Scott, Monolithic, Matrixambience, and of course, FLoyd. All checked in saying they were safe. :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
THAFUZZ said:
baddboybill said:
redbenjoe said:
.......and so far the rest of are crew whom live up in north eastern US seem to be ok. Hope to hear from them all real soon ;-)
I received PM replies from Old School Scott, Monolithic, Matrixambience, and of course, FLoyd. All checked in saying they were safe. :thumbsup:
:cool: thanks Adam :-) just got off phone with Jimmy. He's running all over place with containers. Working his A$$ off. He also said Brooklyn is totally out of gas/fuel. Hopefully tankers start heading in to stations soon!!!

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Just got off the phone with Jimmy and he wants me to let all who have called today that he is ok.
He is wiped out physically and mentally from all he has to do right now with work and will just be busier and busier as the days go along.
He is still without power but an electrician friend of his thank God has set him up.
He wired his generator up so that he could have some lights and heat in the house.
Please pray for all of the people who have been impacted by this storm as it is going to take a long while to
Bounce back from this one.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I am seriously considering loading up fuel, food, water and heading out that way for Jimmy and other members near by........ I'm going to try to talk Skippy into going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.