This might be a big one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
ford93 said:
During at work I would listen to Sirius XM ch. 133 they have a speed limit of 35 MPH on the George Washington bridge and in Connecticut only emergency personnel on the 91,95 & Merrick Hwy. non essentials are not permitted on those roads.

To all the northern Boomboxery members LLopez, JBoogie, bklyn sound, superlew etc...

Be careful out there.
thats true whan...all the major bridges are closed but so far so good lots of wind and rain about 80mph gusts in brooklyn..just called boogie he is ok ....hope everyone else is ok also :thumbsup:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
ok guys sandy is comming ashore we are getting hammered but we are still here...keep praying for us all :-/ :-/

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
superlew said:
bklyn sound said:
Hey guys so far so good .... Really starting to pick up but we are ok ... Boogie if you need me just call brother :thumbsup: things just got crazy in manhattan there is a crane dangling on 57 st real bad situation...... [ Image ]
Yikes! :-O
So far, so good here in MA, but this 170 year old house is shaking pretty good.
I have my survival kit.

[ Image ]

You NY and NJ Members, stay safe.
Hope everyone has plenty of batteries.
That's a great Survival Kit :thumbsup: I hope You and Your loved ones are safe too Brother. ;-)

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
FoxNews is saying that High tide hasn't even hit yet and will do so in a few hrs. 8pm Eastern... approx 6-11ft storm surges. Jimmy told Me He lives at about 11ft elevation above (normal) sea level. :sadno: That's wild.

Jboogie2384

Member (SA)
Sep 30, 2010
Queens, New York
Woohoo!! Getting my fishing rod out because this water is climbing higher and higher. Cable is spotty. Wifi is still working. Trees all over the place. Power lines down. The normal BS that happens when these storms kick in.

While at work a fellow officer and I found (we shall call him Tyrone) somebody wash up ashore over on Rikers Island. Both Adam and Jimmy have the photo I've taken of Tyrone. I'm not gonna post the picture here, that wouldn't be cool. No news reporters are allowed on the island so I don't think it'll be reported. I'm home now with my little family and keeping them calm. They're freaking out because the lights are flickering. Oh snap Staten Island just lost power! Ill keep you guys in the loop as long as I have power.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Jimmy just called me. They still have power for now but, He's seeing bright blue flashes of light in the area (Power transformers exploding). He had to hang up with Me to run and help His neighbor who had something blow off his property.

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
I hope you guys in NY and NJ are still AOK.
Power went out here for about 2 minutes, but it has been flickering since about 4:00. I'm in a pretty well-protected neighborhood about 10 miles from the water, so I think it will stay on. I know a lot of my friends and family have lost power and the phone won't stop ringing with co-workers asking me how to backfeed their panel (don't tell the inspector). I really should dig out the air mattresses. I know those calls will start coming tomorrow afternoon. Fine by me. I've got some heavy furniture I want to move anyways. :lol:
As I typed this, I am the only building in the neighborhood with power now. :hmmm:
Stay safe guys.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
superlew said:
I hope you guys in NY and NJ are still AOK.
Power went out here for about 2 minutes, but it has been flickering since about 4:00. I'm in a pretty well-protected neighborhood about 10 miles from the water, so I think it will stay on. I know a lot of my friends and family have lost power and the phone won't stop ringing with co-workers asking me how to backfeed their panel (don't tell the inspector). I really should dig out the air mattresses. I know those calls will start coming tomorrow afternoon. Fine by me. I've got some heavy furniture I want to move anyways. :lol:
As I typed this, I am the only building in the neighborhood with power now. :hmmm:
Stay safe guys.
glad to hear you guys are ok....im still holding my own really bad out here tree and lamp pole down on corner lights a re flickering but power is still on :angelic: just this wind wont quit ...jr im glad you safe ....keep holding it down brothers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
jimmy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the VETTE ????? :-O :huh: :huh:

did you take it apart and drag it inside ?? :-D

hope its not out there -- floating about in the salt water :nonono:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Jimmy just texted me that He has "major roof damage" and fires in his neighborhood. He hasn't said anything else. Poor Guy. :'-(

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Jboogie2384 said:
Woohoo!! Getting my fishing rod out because this water is climbing higher and higher. Cable is spotty. Wifi is still working. Trees all over the place. Power lines down. The normal BS that happens when these storms kick in.

While at work a fellow officer and I found (we shall call him Tyrone) somebody wash up ashore over on Rikers Island. Both Adam and Jimmy have the photo I've taken of Tyrone. I'm not gonna post the picture here, that wouldn't be cool. No news reporters are allowed on the island so I don't think it'll be reported. I'm home now with my little family and keeping them calm. They're freaking out because the lights are flickering. Oh snap Staten Island just lost power! Ill keep you guys in the loop as long as I have power.
Adam sent me pic...so sad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.