This might be a big one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
I think Jimmy is pissed off over that roof damage, but whats important is that his family is safe I hope.

In my hometown Queens N.Y. there are 50 homes in flames! :-O

The subway system badly flooded and they say it will be awhile for it to re-open.

This will be New York Katrina.

I thank god this was not a cat 4 or 5 hurricane!

Keep us posted guys and god bless.

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
bklyn sound,
I am a supervisor for a mid-sized roofing company in Metro-Boston. I'm a little too far away to help out physically, but if you need any advice on temporary repair, insurance , warrantee, or installation info, let me know. It may take a day or two for your roofer to get out to you, as they are most likely innundated right now. Can't wait to see the phones light up when I get to the office. I have a feeling things are going to look pretty weird in the daylight.
Again, if you need any info or advice, please let me know.

Scotty_M

Member (SA)
Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane, AU
Oh jimmy...hope you and you're fam are safe...and your boxes too. Thinking of you man. The worst with the wind/rain is over now right? It's been headlines in the news in OZ today. That power station in manhattan...so bright the explosion! :sadno:

Scotty

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Let the daylight shine on you guys over there. I hope you guys are all OK.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
GoodMorning Familia. 0630 here on the West coast, just wok up to seeing Jimmy's midnight (3am N.Y. time) text. .... "My friend is trapped in his home". No reply from Him this morning.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Kenpat said:
...and people sometimes complain about the rain we get up here... :no:

You know what I mean, Fuzz...
Sure do :yes: . Boogie just texted Me this ..... "All is well by me. No power loss. Windows intact. Gotta check my truck. I'll get back to you.". Still no Jimmy udate. I forgot about member Bill Tracy who live in New Jersey too.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm on the phone with Jimmy right now!

Said his roof is tore up. Power went out and he has both generators going. Fires all around from the transformers blowing up. He made some rounds to go check out his Corvette at the garage away from his home. He could smell fire around the area of that garage and decided it was best to not even look inside to see if the car was damaged or not. Just something else to worry about and he will check it when things calm down.

His cell signal broke up and we lost eachother :-/

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oh, wow. :'-( Stay safe, brothers. The aftermath can be scarier than the storm itself - looters and people just going crazy. :thumbsdown:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
On the Horn with Jimmy now... He & His family are safe but shook up badly. Roof tore up. His nieghborhood on fire. All the radios are safe and "Beautiful". Whew! They're running on gasoline powered generators. He fell asleep with His beloved and very sentimental Sharp GF8787 that His Mother bought Him....... He was too scared to open his garage to check on His Corvette :sadno: ............

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Just hung up with Jimmy..... He said to tell everyone that He's out at work trying to help others with his big Sanitation truck waiting to be told where to go. Half of their Sanitation fleet trucks are under water cause they had no safer place to park them. He has a house still (just lost roof shingle underlaying, tar paper stuff), His neighbors, not so lucky due to fires,etc.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Has anybody heard from James (MONOLITHIC)? He's in Philadelphia. I just saw that 1.2 million people are without power there. :-O

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I have some pictures rolling into my cell from Jimmy. What a mess down there. He is out helping other people :yes: :smooch: :thumbsup:

:surf:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Jimmy just called Me. He's finishing His shift, exhausted and going home for another dark night without power. He has very spotty cell service as He drives around the Brooklyn. He told Me I was incorrect, and that it was an GF8989 He fell asleep with for comfort (Not the 8787) :blush: AnyHoo, Here are some pics from him as He was driving around....

Status
Not open for further replies.