This might be a big one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks man ;-) .

At the time of 9/11 I had the same thoughts of getting out there to help, but was only barely 18 yrs old at the time and didn't have the resources I have now.

I truely feel I can get out there and make a handful of people somewhat comfortable again or relieve some stress.

I threw out the option for people to come stay with us, and if ANY of you in that area are without house and home and can get to Wisconsin, you can stay with us. There is even an empty house next door I have the keys for that my friends had to move out of because their getting a divorce. I would supply you with food, water, shelter, HEAT, etc.....

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
I feel so bad for the entire Northeast. This feels so much like Katrina all over again.

So many people dead, injured and displaced. :'-(

Glad to see that my boomboxery brothers are safe.

Good luck, guys! Hang tough.

(I work for a major Telcom provider and am on a disaster recover conference call right now and hearing about how many of our facilities were impacted. Sitting here shaking my head... This must be the costliest storm in American history.)

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Hello to my other family... Just want to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words and prayers ... All I can tell you the devastation I'm seeing is heartbreaking ... Still no power in my home but have a generator so at least my heat is on .. I'm a first responder in NYC ... So I'm swamped right now with work .. My hours are crazy but this is what I do .. A lot of people that are close to me have lost everything .. So I'm completely fortunate that I'm still here and my family is ok... And my home is still standing ... My roof will be repaired as soon as my guy can get gas for his rig... Just wanted to say hello to everyone here and I hope to be back to my life soon ....right now need to help people get there's started again ...love you all ... Jimmy :thumbsup:

alfie

Member (SA)
Mar 11, 2010
Sydney, Australia
bklyn sound said:
Hello to my other family... Just want to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words and prayers ... All I can tell you the devastation I'm seeing is heartbreaking ... Still no power in my home but have a generator so at least my heat is on .. I'm a first responder in NYC ... So I'm swamped right now with work .. My hours are crazy but this is what I do .. A lot of people that are close to me have lost everything .. So I'm completely fortunate that I'm still here and my family is ok... And my home is still standing ... My roof will be repaired as soon as my guy can get gas for his rig... Just wanted to say hello to everyone here and I hope to be back to my life soon ....right now need to help people get there's started again ...love you all ... Jimmy :thumbsup:
Welcome back Jimmy. Do what you gotta brother, we're all here for you man

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
We do miss you brother Jimmy as we miss all the fellow members on Boomboxery Which have been misfortunate in this crisis. Always thinking of you guys. :-)

Bad Boy Bill

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Jimmy called Me after He posted that last message. Lord, He sounded so exhausted :'-( . I've offered both He & Boogie some Care Packages with personal essentials, but they kindly refused. Jimmy shared many heartfelt feelings. He was so very touched at all the love and prayers on the forum. He seems to draw His strength from helping others who lost even more (entire homes & loved ones). The nasty waste in the water is a big concern. All that fuel & transmission fluid contaminating the stagnant water. :sick: I can only hope that next time, people will obey the warnings to evacuate when warned.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
its wonderful for to know a first responder hero like jimmy - :angelic:
i just hope --he wont have to go thru all this -- ever again -

the press is calling it a ' 100 year event ...

hope so

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
its real simple...love you guys just got power on :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein: :frankenstein:............now i can pass out try to talk tommorow |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-) |-)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You have the power!

There has been very little love from social media towards the people that stayed in the areas that were told to evacuate. Sure the adrenaline and joy of surviving the weather was uplifting for a day, but when reality of everyday living hits, that's when the panic sets in.

I'm proud of you for sticking it out and helping everyone you could, but next time get yo ass outta there!

Love ya buddy.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
So sorry to hear about all the damage,especially Jimmy! :sad:

If this wasn't so far we (Northwest Tennesee Disaster Services)
would take a truckload out there but we're in re-supply mode and it's
to far away! :no:

I'm a first responder also and have had some haz-mat training.

I'm so sad to see how bad that storm surge was in Staten Island
and Jersey Shore and Brooklyn.

We do have a volunteer In Brooklyn and made a video and this was
posted on Ch.12 locally here.
It's on our website: http://www.togetherforall.org

Just praying things can get cleaned up and better soon.

My heart goes out to all the affected people and families out there. :'-( :-O

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
hey guys nice to be back ...thank you :thumbsup: came home a little early today 12 hrs insted of 14 :lol: ...Well it's definitly a real mess here everyone here is comming together to help each other like never seen before the past few days im in aera's that have been hardest hit by the storm these folks still dont have power and there homes are wrecked but we are cleaning up to try to help them rebuild ..so far i'm ok just real tired but seeing all these poor folks and them comming out to thank us for helping them makes you relly feel good and keeps you going here are some pics of manhattan beach ,riss park where we are taking all storm debris and im working in these aera's . :sad: :sad: .

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
hey guy's me and my family are ok during this yet another noreaster :annoyed: :annoyed: there is 6" of wet snow on the ground talk about a bad situation and getting worse...yesterday was the worst day for me yet .I was sent to far rockaway to see if I could get some containers on the bay side back in there place here are some pics of the devistation :sadno: :sadno: .

Status
Not open for further replies.