Sunshine Mix 2011 - Updated poll, please respond.

Do you plan on attending the 2011 meet? And if so, how many hotel nights?

• I will not attend the 2011 Sunshine Mix, regardless of location.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I don't care where it is, I'm coming to Florida regardless.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I will come, but only if it is at the same location as before.

• I would attend the meet if it were at a beach hotel, and stay 1 night.

• I would attend the meet if it were at a beach hotel, and stay 2 nights.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I would attend the meet if it were at a beach hotel, and stay 3 nights.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would attend the meet if it were at a beach hotel, and stay for a week or longer!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Fatdog said:
As mentioned, an idea was presented last year to have a more central meet either in Kentucky, Tennessee, or Alabama in order to entice more of the northern guys to show up, but nobody was interested.
:agree: :agree:Kentucky would have been closer for me :-D

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
I will keep an open mind about the location if Ed is still willing to check out options. For me, other than the underperforming AC (IN MARCH! I guess I missed that) that I was not aware of, the clubhouse just seemed like the perfect location for what this is supposed to be about. Plus the man is opening up his house for crashers and his wife is volunteering to cook for us. I don't see how any other option could possibly cost less... and therefore anything else would probably cost more.... more cost = less people.

I travel ALOT for work. I haul around about 150 lbs of tools and luggage into and out of hotels all the time. I know what kind of crappy room locations you can get stuck in, even in nice hotels, and what a pain it is to move things in and out. I also know meth-heads will steal anything that catches a bit of sunlight so they can pawn it off for a buck or two and that tourist destination hotels are the worst. Being forced to advertise the fact we have all this gear by moving it about in public areas creates a real risk. The fact that it didn't occur to you is, no offense, part of my point. The whole picture needs to be looked at logistically really.

I also know what a thankless job it is trying to organize a group of people. And that it is impossible to make everyone happy. Already two of the potential organizers have said flat out that they will not attend if it or is not where it was last time. Not a good start. I wish someone in the middle of the country would put something together. I would if I would not get laughed out of town. Hey, all you guys... December is my slow time... how's about all you come up to Wisconsin in December for Snowcone Mix 2011? Didn't think so... even though it probably makes as much sense as Florida in June... without AC.... :hmmm:

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
blu_fuz said:
I could make it to the Snowcone Mix 2011..... just saying :dunce:
I think we had that in 2010... we just forgot to name it something cooler than the Central Wisconsin Micro-meet 2010 or whatever it was... :lol:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
71spud said:
I wish someone in the middle of the country would put something together. I would if I would not get laughed out of town. Hey, all you guys... December is my slow time... how's about all you come up to Wisconsin in December for Snowcone Mix 2011?
Well, if you're willing to take time off from work and travel here for a meet in Florida in June, why would organizing a meet up in your neck of the woods only be something you would consider feasible in December?

Think about what you just said right there... If you were hosting the June meet in Wisconsin, would you really have to take any time off? You wouldn't have to travel, and it sure would be cheaper for you.

Personally, I love Milwaukee and would be thrilled to attend a meet there. Preferably around Summerfest!!!!

Lets start a new poll!

How many of us would like Spud and Blu_Fuz to team up and co-host next year's meet, we can call it Cheezekurd Mix 2012??? :-D :lol:

Uncle Ed

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
www.facebook.com
http://isisbeachhotel.com/photos.php

$109.00/night

Lots of rooms available.

I do not agree that Paying for something as meaning fewer people would attend,
again look at the poll results.

Here is an idea: Bobby as administrator should send an email blast to all members about a meet in Florida.
Maybe a different time of year for Sorento....late in year in cooler months, or a mid USA location.

With an email blast maybe more involvement and input would gel for a bigger better hard core meet.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
71spud said:
...Being forced to advertise the fact we have all this gear by moving it about in public areas creates a real risk...
Your concerns are valid, but just Google "collectors conventions" and look at all the organizations that are doing meets like this all over the world (not necessarily with boomboxes). If they can shuffle millions of dollars of merchandise in public areas, why can't we do the same with only thousands of dollars worth? What if the Sunshine Mix were some huge international convention with a 20,000 square foot exhibition area in Miami that drew in thousands of visitors?

Hiding our collections is not what this hobby is about, at least in my opinion. We should want to share our love for these machines and their music with as many people as possible. Not everybody is a boombox thief.

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
OK sounds great! That makes, me, fuz, skip and JT... nobody is saying they can't come! Sounds like it is done deal, throw the Ziti in the oven honey :lol:

Seriously I would love a meet here in Wisconsin. But I would not want to make the "big meet" to just be convenient for me... at the expense of others. I know that comes off sounding bad... and I only mean it in reference to MY PROPOSING, not at all as any kind of judgement towards those who have organized meets in the past AT ALL. I just consider MY proposing such a thing to be a bit self centered at the expense other members who live so far away. (That is why I did the "December is my slow month" statement . I was trying to be funny and over emphasize my point.) But something is always better than nothing, and the interest is there for sure, distance travel or not. Sunshine Mix 08,09,10 proved that. But it would be really cool if we could get interest for a more central location. And save the FL, WI, CA etc meets as "extras" for those who are either close, or have the funds and time to make the long distance treks... :hmmm:

I am pretty sure I am over analyzing things so pay no attention to me... :lol:

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Uncle Ed said:
Here is an idea: Bobby as administrator should send an email blast to all members about a meet in Florida.
Maybe a different time of year for Sorento....late in year in cooler months, or a mid USA location.

With an email blast maybe more involvement and input would gel for a bigger better hard core meet.
That is a good idea.... otherwise all we will get is us nerds with time on our hands to discuss such thing in the middle of the day on a weekday. :lol:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
jaetee said:
71spud said:
I wish someone in the middle of the country would put something together. I would if I would not get laughed out of town. Hey, all you guys... December is my slow time... how's about all you come up to Wisconsin in December for Snowcone Mix 2011?
Well, if you're willing to take time off from work and travel here for a meet in Florida in June, why would organizing a meet up in your neck of the woods only be something you would consider feasible in December?

Think about what you just said right there... If you were hosting the June meet in Wisconsin, would you really have to take any time off? You wouldn't have to travel, and it sure would be cheaper for you.

Personally, I love Milwaukee and would be thrilled to attend a meet there. Preferably around Summerfest!!!!

Lets start a new poll!

How many of us would like Spud and Blu_Fuz to team up and co-host next year's meet, we can call it Cheezekurd Mix 2012??? :-D :lol:
Shheeeeeiit!!! Count me in!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
GZ, the only way you are invited is if you bring a grail to sacrifice to me. Has to be a Conion C100F or a JVC M90 - other than that, you are more than welcome :yes: .

How old are you?

Just checking to see if I will be the youngest of the bunch (but most definetly one of the coolest :cool: )

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
71spud said:
Seriously I would love a meet here in Wisconsin. But I would not want to make the "big meet" to just be convenient for me... at the expense of others. I know that comes off sounding bad... and I only mean it in reference to MY PROPOSING, not at all as any kind of judgement towards those who have organized meets in the past AT ALL. I just consider MY proposing such a thing to be a bit self centered at the expense other members who live so far away. (That is why I did the "December is my slow month" statement . I was trying to be funny and over emphasize my point.) But something is always better than nothing, and the interest is there for sure, distance travel or not. Sunshine Mix 08,09,10 proved that. But it would be really cool if we could get interest for a more central location. And save the FL, WI, CA etc meets as "extras" for those who are either close, or have the funds and time to make the long distance treks... :hmmm:
Well, I wouldn't see an offer from you to host a meet as any kind of underhanded attempt at just making it convenient for yourself to attend. I'd actually commmend you for taking initiative to step up and be a leader.

Consider the lack of travel and locational convenience a benefit of leadership for stepping up and making it happen.

It is good to talk these things through, and very interesting how different people approach the same situations so differently.

Oh, and if we actually do end up at a beachfront hotel somewhere, I promise to watch your boxes like a hawk.

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
blu_fuz said:
Just checking to see if I will be the youngest of the bunch (but most definetly one of the coolest :cool: )
Yes, and the most humble too!! :yes:

71spud

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
jaetee said:
71spud said:
Seriously I would love a meet here in Wisconsin.
Well, I wouldn't see an offer from you to host a meet as any kind of underhanded attempt at just making it convenient for yourself to attend.
I think it is pretty much a done deal that Skippy, Fuz and I will put together a meet this spring, summer or fall, with some time between that and the Sunshine Mix and "whatever we will call it other than some kind of cheese reference" Mix. Look for future announcements, like in the future and all... :breakdance: ;-)

I don't know if that means we will not be car pooling down, maybe that still might happen. :-/ But I am done putting my more than 2 cents in and will go, or not go, with whatever plans are made. :thumbsup: If I am really slammed with work I might just stop buy the Tampa airport, sans boomers, on my way to/from other destinations.... :hmmm:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
blu_fuz said:
GZ, the only way you are invited is if you bring a grail to sacrifice to me. Has to be a Conion C100F or a JVC M90 - other than that, you are more than welcome :yes: .

How old are you?

Im 30 and I am definitely the coolest because I wear skinny jeans.....totally kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.