Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I love EVERYTHING about this project!

You went all in, no punches pulled.

Is the the first Bluetooth'd M90?

The color choice: MAGNIFICENT could have / should have been a factory option.

Of course the LED upgrade is so classy!

All the repair work.....man....another TOP TIER resto-mod :thumbsup:

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Looks like a tasty candy apple, I wanna bite it :lol:

LOVE the VU's lit up like that, I would really like to add one of those kits to my M90. And those black woofers look SHINY :thumbsup: And bluetooth to top it all off? WOW, I love the whole package Joe, you pulled it off nicely bro! :bow: Great job and thanks for the pictures...

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks a lot guys. You motivate me to try harder on the next project but this will be hard to top! For the guys that don't like how boring the M90 looks, this could inspire some to change theirs up a bit😊

If you need any more pictures, I have some.

It was also considered to be totally chrome plated, maybe the next one ;-)

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Sooooo dope. How many coats of paint? How do your edges/embossed lettering/etc. fare now, are they noticeably diminished?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks broskis!

It was about 5 light coats. I masked off the original text on the metal side trim, so that is still OG print on those. Og gray and print on the center section of the front case.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ thanks man! Guys like you help push the limits for custom jobs, don't forget it!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm glad to see the FM signal is much better outside. Works just fine on batteries. The REC function switch is making the radio cut in/out.

image.jpg

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
joe -are you totally done and happy with it now ?
if not --here is one more try ::
i know you matched the exact m90 color already -so you can always repaint whatever you dont like -
but asking if you might want to try that red on the center sections that dont have lettering - which are
the deck door and the section around the meters ?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I am VERY happy with it how it stands, but I would like to see maybe a photoshop of the VU section and cassette section painted red too.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I am wondering will this give others the courage to do a custom job on their M90 in a solid color? Glu had nothing to loose when he decided to paint over the rasta M90. Zorlac painted his two shades of silver with blue accent on the metal trims. Not my cup of tea but atleast he tried it: https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/7327-new-chrome-for-your-m90-dome/?hl=%2Bbullet+%2Bknob

I didn't leave the metal trims on mine to when I painted. I need clean, distinct line separation.... if the part is removable, paint them separately. I did have to leave the tuner window and metal corner on the radio because it just wouldn't come off. Wasn't worth the risk to crack it. I masked it off so good the transition from red-to-gray or red-to-metal is almost impossible to see. Also masked off the cross-hair plastic in front of the tweeters to keep them gray. I didn't want to see a big red cross-hair or any red in the tweeter area.

IMG_5177.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG

This could be the easiest pic to photoshop on if someone wants to try:

IMG_5386.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.