and now i insist that you do NOTHING else major to change its looks -
its mega -magnificent ... as is
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

and its our very first FIVE drooler :clap:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks Ira. I appreciate the feedback. I think you are right, the exterior is great the way it is gray and redfire. ;-)

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
The woofer issue is from painting with the gloss black....gloss colors create a hard skin & once the woofers broke through the skin it is cracking along the suspension ribs of the cone. That's my guess based on my experience painting these woofers....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that part but I suspect that is the problem. That's why they sounded great until they let loose suddenly. :-/

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Cpl-Chronic said:
The woofer issue is from painting with the gloss black....gloss colors create a hard skin & once the woofers broke through the skin it is cracking along the suspension ribs of the cone. That's my guess based on my experience painting these woofers....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that part but I suspect that is the problem. That's why they sounded great until they let loose suddenly. :-/
^ holy shnikeys really?

I better get in there and check asap. :bang:

The shitty part is, the original gray wasn't that bad I just thought black would sharpen it up a little....

IMG_5249.JPG
IMG_5262.JPG

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
blu_fuz said:
So this happened! I changed my avitar a few days ago to see if some of you would ask about it. Some asked, and I said it was a photoshopped picture. I couldn't lead you on any more, lol.

Redfire metallic body.
M90 woofs painted black.
Internal BT with power toggle switch.
Rebelted.
Superduper VU led mod.
New antennas.
Silent silver effect paint on radio band and power metal trim plates.
Replaced handle ends.
Rebuilt volume pot.
Cleaned/deoxed/lubed.

Still has a couple issues I need to work out, but this baby is done enough to share

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I love the color....nice job man! :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I checked the woofers and they are ok. Looks like something is wrong with the circuit.

I don't have time to get that involved with searching for the problem. I did get the red VU pieces mounted ;-)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It didn't show as red as I was hoping :-/.

Listening again with headphones plugged in, and its hard to tell but something doesn't sound right.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
duckman said:
I can see what you are saying, but it seems to balance well with the reel playing!

Still looks frighteningly Awesome Joe. :thumbsup:
I agree, not a BOLD red like an led would do but pretty calm, I think it looks pretty good. And if you decide you don't like it, we'll it looks like the mod was simple enough to change.

See if it grows on ya.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Joe did you actually test new speakers or at least those speakers on something else? Just looking you might not see because issue can be internal to in speakers

Bad Boy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.