My new DISCO baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The sound is considerably better cranked up! The kids love this thing and my wife said "sweet"!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
blu_fuz said:
The sound is consideralably better cranked up! The kids love this thing and my wife said "sweet"!

image.jpg
image.jpg
I'm not surprised since the cabinets are almost identical in appearance to a 777 & probably 95% the same in construction, shape, size, etc. I'll even go so far as to say that I suspect the speakers may be identical too except the speakers had diferent colored translucent dustcaps & holes drilled into the magnet to fit the light bulbs, right? Maybe a special woofer run from the same manufacturer of the Sharp woofers? Just a wild guess......

I've always said from the beginning, the 777, stock or modded, sounds good when cranked & standing at least 4 feet back from the speakers. That cabinet was designed to fill a room or deck, etc. with sound, not sling it on your shoulder or walking around the park. So, to me it's no surprise it sounds best, baauuulls OUT loud, sitting on the pavement & preferably 2 feet in front of a wall for best results. Then it BANGS like a pron star....

That's what they're made for, not easy listening or light mood music....fo SHO!!! It always reminds me of a PRO-sound DUB-stack with a Yamaha 'Natural Sound' receiver morphed onto the top & mated to a heavy duty DJ Double mixing deck of sorts....

I love horns & the transient response is cleaner too, as a direct result of their higher acoustic efficiency....

BOO_YEAH!! :rock:

Cpl

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
And at 7am, this boy wanted to party! hahaha. Worth every penny when you can enjoy it like this with your family. :smooch: :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I knew once you had a chance to turn it up you would be happy with it.

Those pictures of the kids are priceless, worth every penny you spent! AND wifey saying "Sweet" is probably the best compliment you will ever get! :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I really dig it. This little turd cleaned up will be a box to put in the keep pile. I can't wait to get home and play some more tunes! After I get the power switch sorted I will put it on 100% office duty :rock: :thumbsup: :afro:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
and you will soon discover that hundreds of you old // past favorite tunes will come back to life --
when the old beats light up your box

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
I think its safe to say that karma has you covered, Joe. Its not luck finding all these sweet boomers...its just nature payin you back for you bein a good shite. Nice score, broham.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Congrats blu :thumbsup:

I just got home with what could be the UGLIEST discolite ever...i also picked up a pretty rare, mint & nice one on the week-end...and tonight...an UGLY one...it's so ugly i like it :lol:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
gsbadbmr said:
Congrats blu :thumbsup:

I just got home with what could be the UGLIEST discolite ever...i also picked up a pretty rare, mint & nice one on the week-end...and tonight...an UGLY one...it's so ugly i like it :lol:
Pics!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
-GZ- said:
I think its safe to say that karma has you covered, Joe. Its not luck finding all these sweet boomers...its just nature payin you back for you bein a good shite. Nice score, broham.
:agree:
Picking up a normally high priced blaster at a reasonable price is blaster karma at it's best. For all you do from straps to member support, you were owed this one fair and square!

It looks pretty good in the pictures. Is it that dirty?

Hopefully that switch is a quick fix and you're off and Rockin' :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.