My new DISCO baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
So filthy, really makes you wonder what kind of tortured life these boxes had before we rescued them. Nice fat body spider living in one of the speakers too yuck.. Had to get in there with windex, rag, toothbrush, and q-tips to get it cleaned in the speaker area.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Really starting to shine now! Front case and woofers cleaned up pretty good. The one speaker has stains but i dont care. The gold is to drool over, woohoo.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
More pics of the wiring, etc. first major repair is to get the power switch working. Need to remove it to see what the contacts look like.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Find the pins for the power switch and de-soldered to inspect.

Opened up the switch to see the contacts pretty much ruined. Damn. Now what?

I remembered i have a lasonic 922 parts box, checked it out and sure enough it had a matching size and pin layout switch!!!!! Awww yeah baby! Got it installed hoping it would all work again.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Straightened and repainted the grills.

Found one loose wire by the power supply, and thanks to Chris's pictures of his disco restoration i was able to see where it should be reconnected, thanks bro!

Put it all back together and she is gleaming once again! Fully working, power switch is flawless, and the cassette decks i cleaned up and they work just fine.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Fantastic work Joe. Mine must have been in the same dust bowl as yours and you'r cleaned up just as nice. Once yu can see the gold, it really shines.

Glad those pictures were able to help you :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.