My new DISCO baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stereomad

Member (SA)
Apr 9, 2012
crawley
nice score....glad it turned up safe and sound mate
i have 2 of these and really like them and i think they sound better than most people say!!!! enjoy :clap:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Since you 2 are here, I'll post the update anyway.....

I've read in the past that 'discolite won't power on unless cassette is playing'.......

I gave the power switch 20-30 quick flips and actually saw some of the LEDs flicker on, but off right away :blink:

:hmmm:

:w00t:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
perfect careful packing --
get it going yet ??

when you do - you and your family will be sooooooooooooooooooo happy :hooray: :clap: :rock: :thumbsup:

the power switch --when its working right - has zero to do with the deck buttons or deck functions-
just jump the switch right now --so you can see all the lights etc
then fis ( thats ' southern ' for fix ) the switch later

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
So, I push play on the cassette.

It works! The spindles are spinning! WHAT?!

That's cool.

FF/RW work too! Sweet.

I'll throw a tape in.

SOUND!

It's playing music, lights, blinky, EXCELLENT!!!!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Both decks work!

Radio works!

Line-in works!

Every switch works (but the power switch).

The music is playing and the lights are dancing!!!

As long as I have play or play/pause pushed it works perfectly. Soooooo cool I can't believe it!! :rock:

She is a little dirty pig right now, but I couldn't ask for a better start to a resto project.

:monchito:

:clap: :thumbsup: :w00t:

:dj-party:

IMG_1775.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
SUPER ULTRA MEGA SCORE
Welcome to the Discolite Family! :thumbsup:

You know that power switch is just some deoxit! :yes:

​Looks great man! (other than smelling like Madonna's butt :sick: )

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Thanks dude!

Part of an elite group, or maybe a group that a lot of people don't want to be in hahahaha

This couldn't have worked out any better with the cards delt. So happy right now that it didn't turn out to be a brick.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
So what do you think of the sound quality?
I did get to turn it up some here at work. It is a little hollow and flat sounding, but no worse than say a Sharp GF-8686. It seems to brighten up the sound spectrum when you turn it up. The 'feel' of the box is exactly like everyone says, cheap, cheap, cheap. If it didn't have the discolite feature it might not have been on my long list.

There is a wow factor that hits all of our amature interests which makes this box so cool.

Would I buy one for what I paid, yes. Anymore than that, no. I'm glad I stuck to my limits because anymore cost and I would rather have a RGB disco'd 777 with Alpine speakers in it to be the flashy 4 speaker beast.

No regrets. They sound average, but I have heard worse/better. Happy to own it! :smooch: ;-) :angelic: :yes:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
blu_fuz said:
......Would I buy one for what I paid, yes. Anymore than that, no. I'm glad I stuck to my limits because anymore cost and I would rather have a RGB disco'd 777 with Alpine speakers in it to be the flashy 4 speaker beast.....

No regrets. They sound average, but I have heard worse/better. Happy to own it! :smooch: ;-) :angelic: :yes:
I'll take that as a compliment for sure.....nice score BTW!! Congrats!!!

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
joe --often when any box needs the deck to be turning to power it on -
the little problem might ? be in the 'record' section -
ie - it ' thinks ' its in record all the time --so then the deck controls the power on/off

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
I will be honest in saying that I could not afford a real DISCO-LITE @ 1500+ US bucks so I decided to make my own & the 777 was naturally my first MOD for that reason.....It would be insane if you could use that 1 way mirror film for headlights & chrome the dustcaps so that they look like normal chrome dustcaps until the lights shine through the caps....BAM!!! That would look smokin' HOT!!!

Cpl

Status
Not open for further replies.