Body Work: GF 8989z

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Thank you guys! I am extremely happy with the way it turned out and more so of the quality of this box. It's probably the best mid-sized radio I own!

Some better pictures with a real camera...

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif DSC02347.JPG
{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif DSC02348.JPG
{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif DSC02349.JPG
{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif DSC02350.JPG

Wait better than your Lasonic 920? I can't believe you just said that :lol: it does look sweet with the shiny silver finish :drool:

Bad Boy Bill

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
Wait better than your Lasonic 920? I can't believe you just said that :lol: it does look sweet with the shiny silver finish :drool:

Bad Boy Bill
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, the sad part is, I need a new 920....mine is worn out! So yes....this is my best mid sized radio!

Yeah, that paint is amazing! It's REAL close to the factory paint, but with just a little more POP!
When it came time to look for paint I went to a hobby shop, a craft store and two hardware stores. Apparently they don't sell SILVER paint anymore! The only thing I found were "Metallic" paints. Some of them were fake Chrome, but this one worked. It's Rust-Oleum Bright Coat Metallic Finish.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
static2000g said:
Just got this Sharp yesterday....this Thread has me feeling soooooo inspired. Thanks for posting!!
That's Great Man! I was cranking this radio yesterday. One of my favorites for sure! Good luck with your project!