Beware of USA ebay seller: volodymyry123

Vintage Man

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2013
OSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA
gmail.com
Thank you brothers. You learn from your mistakes.. I hardly had my eyes open when I looked at the pics and saw the price. Someone brought too my attention the seller. After speaking with him learned it was found at a goodwill. FM works. And don't work. Powers. Up. Line in works fine. I have seen the pics. I took it for 100 and free shipping. None of my units come too Canada. I have USA shipping addresses. I will let ya know what happens. I will rip it apart and disinfect it if this was the case. Repaint the grills and deoxit the switches.. If it don't work out only out a hundred bucks.. And stick it in my shed for outdoor use..... He got himself a lemon. And I love too tinker. It will never enter my house till I check it out first.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i hope this ends up good for you -
if it does --it will be all the results of your hard work-
keep us posted

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Vintage Man said:
I did ask about the previous buyer. He never confirmed or denied this story. I don't buy junk boxes. And 100 bucks is chump change to me. Every problem has a solution!!!!
Good luck! At least my thread saved you about 60$.
In exchange for the 60$ you saved :) please take some pictures of the inside before you clean it. I am
very curious if the fuzzy mold around the cassette head is also all over the insides.
Oh and be careful about playing your nice tapes in it until cleaned ..because some of the cassette components have surface rust.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
baddboybill said:
My statement is true as I've shipped and received boxes from both Australia and Canada. I shipped an M70 to Canada and cost was over $100 and took over a week then I shipped quite a few to Australia of same size and weight and it cost about same and took less than week. I also shipped my 777 to Canada and it cost almost $200. So yes shipping to and from Canada is more costly than shipping to other side of World. My comment shouldn't discourage anyone because when a collector really wants something they usually will pay shipping no matter the cost :yes:

By the way I have nothing against vintageman buying unit but we are all looking out for each other. That is why these posts are made and since you are his friend you should also help to discourage the buying of a junk box that will cost a bundle to ship back to seller :yes:

Bad Boy Bill
That's interesting, but could this be because to Australia... it spends most the distance on a plane, giving the ability to have it flown to the nearest big airport??? Whereas, to Canada, it probably spends most it's time, on a truck, with a more limited amount of packages, compared to a plane??? That would be my best guess anyways.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Shipping a midsize boombox to Canada weighing 22 lbs costs only $80 using Priority Mail International

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Shipping a midsize boombox to Canada weighing 22 lbs costs only $80 using Priority Mail International

I double box or add thick cardboard which adds up the weight n size when shipping out of US or huge boomers. If I remember correctly my M70 was close to 30lbs double boxed. When Jimmy shipped the M90 to me from NY it was over $100. I shipped a SCR8 to Rick in Australia it was about $100 and I packed it with extra cardboard around bubble wrap before going into box. Can't remember weight but for Canada being so close it's pretty expensive I think :yes:

Bad Boy Bill

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reli said:
I recently bought a PC-55 (a heavy bugger) and had it shipped from the US to Canada for $95.00 by USPS. Not bad. But Chronic you live near Windsor/ Detroit. You could establish a US postal address and have the item shipped there and go and collect it IF (and a big IF) it saves a considerable amount of shipping costs.

I've had a few of Ira's goodies shipped to an address across the border, and have my Dad collect them when he cross-border shops! No one questions old vintage audio equipment coming across!

WIN!

Take that Canada Customs :grim: :lol:

Vintage Man

Member (SA)
Apr 18, 2013
OSHAWA ONTARIO CANADA
gmail.com
The dreaded 9595 that has been sitting in auburn NY for months waiting for my arrival. Will be picked up this weekend. Waiting too find out what all the hub bub was about with this box I got for 100 bucks free shipping!

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
I tried to wipe the mold off before returning it to seller. The Desert sun killed a bit of it. I did not clean the inside at all though...who knows what you will find..so be careful what you breathe in.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Just wondering....where did this radio originate from?

With all the flooding in New Jersey and other area's, we could start to see items like this more frequently.