Today at the boot sale.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I have to admit that Chevelle SS has a special place in my heart. I owned a '69 Oldsmobile 442 with a H.O. 455 engine that shares the same body as that Chevrolet. I still wish I kept the old girl....hence the "442" in my name!

Reactions: Hisrudeness

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Would love

would love to see some pictures Geoff if you still have them
Sadly as a stupid 17 year old, I never took pics, rarely maintained it and it wasn't exactly a gem when I bought it. It was WELL used and had seen many salt covered winter roads.....but boy did that beast take off from the line and guzzle gas like a drunken sailor. I loved every moment of ownership.
I long for the day I'll be able to buy a minty '69 442 again...but the wife just motions "mid-life crisis" and reality comes back.

Now if I can get rid of the wife on the other hand...hmmm :)

Reactions: samovar

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
thank you for this pictures. there is many nice boomboxes.
i see one silver mini with strap and Panasonic with cd player on the top.

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
TBH, I would probably have bought all of those! I'd love to find a car boot near me with one decent Walkman, let alone a bevvy of lovely boomboxes! Finger's crossed, this year.......!!

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Spider Man's seen better days.

I have to admit I'm kind of attracted to the yellow Bakelite radios on the right hand side of the 7th pic from the top. They look awesome.

Thanks for the tour HR!

Reactions: Hisrudeness

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Went to my 1st boot sale yesterday, absolutely nothing of interest at all! Only box I saw was a Panasonic RX-550, but it wasn't for sale as the guy was using it on his stall. Oh well, there is always next weekend......