Today at the boot sale.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
More radios knocking about down south than up north it seems. I still like doing these virtual car boot sales…a lot easier than doing it myself and I come away with exactly the same number of boomboxes lol

samovar

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2014
Italy
Your last fleamarket adventure is very interesting. Some units are worth noting : a "Digital Sound" Amstrad with CD is definitely better than some nondescript eggs; the black Sharp QT mini is lovely and even the transparent miniradio is intriguing... but of course it's the JVC 9475 that steals the scene. You bagged it, didn't you?

Incidentally, the picture of a stranded TDK Life on Record makes me think of the speed by which modern technology tends to obsolescence. It was not many years ago that these units were all the rage in our discussions concerning modern equipment vis a vis classical ones. Now it too has entered the realm of modern antiques...

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Your last fleamarket adventure is very interesting. Some units are worth noting : a "Digital Sound" Amstrad with CD is definitely better than some nondescript eggs; the black Sharp QT mini is lovely and even the transparent miniradio is intriguing... but of course it's the JVC 9475 that steals the scene. You bagged it, didn't you?

Incidentally, the picture of a stranded TDK Life on Record makes me think of the speed by which modern technology tends to obsolescence. It was not many years ago that these units were all the rage in our discussions concerning modern equipment vis a vis classical ones. Now it too has entered the realm of modern antiques...

The JVC 9475 did indeed come home with me. The QT-27 didn’t however. It was expensive and missing a battery cover. Looking at the Sharp up close made me realise the difference in quality between Sanyo and other mini’s of the era. As for the TDK, well the seller wanted £40 for it as is. No way of powering up, no guarantee of anything really. I’ve always read how tricky these are if they go wrong. I would of paid £10 or £15 but no more than that.
Nevertheless, it’s always good to see boxes in a wild setting.

Reactions: samovar

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
I'm hoping to get to more boot sales this year, didn't go to many last year and never saw anything like what you have found! Quite a few there I would have snapped up, but I do find some people want ridiculous money for stuff now, they seem to forget the whole point of a boot sale!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
like stated those tdk are not worth having....it's a shame the tdk 3 speaker was the last decent boombox worth having but the technology behind it wasn't worth a carrot....nothing modern is worth having imho ,,,,the 3 speaker sounded as good as the m90 imho just not as loud