The miniature world of railway modelling

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Oh my,very nice Tyco Lionel set ups I believe!! I had quite a set up like this when I was like 14-15.
Loved them. But...... when I was real young we had the real trains!!!! The 3 track big boys with steam out of the engine and massive transformers and you could smell the electronics arcing!! Ah yes the good old days!! Those engines weighed about 29lbs.back then!!😮😊😎

BTW where’s Roman our real train conductor?!😮😎

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Ghettoboom767 said:
The 3 track big boys with steam out of the engine and massive transformers and you could smell the electronics arcing!!
Yeah, the same thing... Here is 2 PIKO FZ1 powerful transformers special for model train layout:

42 - 2 FZ1 - 02
by ivosn

My model train layout is 100% analog, no digital components.
The control of the railway arows is done with these white buttons, like the piano:

42 - 2 FZ1 - 03
by ivosn

More info soon...
---

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
goodman said:
That’s totally cool!!! Very nice set-up!!😎

The 3 track big boys with steam out of the engine and massive transformers and you could smell the electronics arcing!!
Yeah, the same thing... Here is 2 PIKO FZ1 powerful transformers special for model train layout:

42 - 2 FZ1 - 02
by ivosn

My model train layout is 100% analog, no digital components.
The control of the railway arows is done with these white buttons, like the piano:

42 - 2 FZ1 - 03
by ivosn

More info soon...
---

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Great to see there are model railroad fans here. There are many huge model railroad clubs in Northern California where I live that run Z scale up to Garden scale. One even runs cable driven cars. I don't model much personally because I get to drive trains daily. I'm a freight engineer with BNSF. My run goes from Port of Oakland to Bakersfield about 330 miles. My loads mostly consist of containers unloaded from ships usually inbound from China. We transport everything you could possibly think of and some things you would never want to know about. Controlling a real locomotive is beyond description. Definitely a fun job...who wouldn't want to play with life sized trains for a living?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mellymelsr said:
Great to see there are model railroad fans here. There are many huge model railroad clubs in Northern California where I live that run Z scale up to Garden scale. One even runs cable driven cars. I don't model much personally because I get to drive trains daily. I'm a freight engineer with BNSF. My run goes from Port of Oakland to Bakersfield about 330 miles. My loads mostly consist of containers unloaded from ships usually inbound from China. We transport everything you could possibly think of and some things you would never want to know about. Controlling a real locomotive is beyond description. Definitely a fun job...who wouldn't want to play with life sized trains for a living?
Model railroad scale 1:1 :thumbsup:

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Thanks for posting this! I would have missed it! I still have a collection of high end Atlas Japan made N scale locomotives. One day I will get back into the hobby. I also have a Digitrack controller where you put mini computer chips in the trains to control each one individually so they do not crash against one another. I miss the hobby. I think we are almost all at the same age where we grew up with one gauge of train or another. Funny as it seems that model railroading is more prominent during the winter months over here and more so with people who have basements to set up a layout. Living in AZ, we really don't have that cabin fever feeling being stuck inside due to bad weather as its always nice out. Screws up with your seasonal internal clock!

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Thanks for answer. If you want, you can return to this hobby.
You have all space that you need for good model train layout. :-)

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Super high quality job very impressed goodman. I had a set as a kid the smaller one O scale? We ran it off a car battery. The session would always end in a cat and mouse chase. Before it was sold I soldered and filed all the joints and even managed to create a figure 8 in the centre what a joy to be hold. I bet it is still going!