Sharp GF-303SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Here's a pic of the inside of the back case:

I wonder if the 7/29 means July 29? :hmmm:

While waiting for the cassette belts yesterday (which didn't arrive until today), I took time to clean the filthy tape control buttons. Here's a before and after:

Today, I'm not having a good day. :sad: :-/ Although my belts arrived today, the numbers on the tape counter are gone!! There I was cleaning the tape counter with soap and water, and BAM! All the white paint for the numbers just washed the hell off. WTF?! :'-( :-O :annoyed: :-/

I thought about painting them back on, but fark that. That's 30 numbers and my eyes can't take that much small detail painting. :no:

To top that, I can't find my wallet, which had about $50 in it, not to mention all the other crap.

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Looking great Bobby!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :w00t: :w00t:
If you take a picture of the tape counter I can check my stash,I have a few counters laying around in stock. :hmmm: :sin:
Awesome work though........ :drool: :drool:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
btphoto said:
Wow - looking good.

Too bad about the tape counter. Could there be a way to paint them sort of sloppily and then gently wipe off the excess paint leaving paint in the number grooves?
i thought that too -- : :hmmm: :agree:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Well all in all your cassette keys came out better than my 9191x...S--ks about the counter but they are all probably standard from many models so getting the part should be easy :thumbsup: :-D

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
btphoto said:
Could there be a way to paint them sort of sloppily and then gently wipe off the excess paint leaving paint in the number grooves?
Not really. It only "appears" like the numbers are recessed. It's an illusion of faded vs. non-faded plastic. :-/

Fatdog said:
btphoto said:
Could there be a way to paint them sort of sloppily and then gently wipe off the excess paint leaving paint in the number grooves?
Not really. It only "appears" like the numbers are recessed. It's an illusion of faded vs. non-faded plastic. :-/
Oh wow - yah, replacement part is needed then.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it as I'm sure there was no way to clean that thing without screwing up the numbers.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Great news!! :cool: :cool: I was tinkering with an old, beater Sanyo M9950, which I'll be parting out, and found that the tape counter is 99.999% the same as the GF-303/9191 tape counter. All I had to do was switch out the push button. :yes:

So, now the cassette mechanism has new belts along with a "new" tape counter and is reassembled. The front case half will probably get a Full Patron tonight and then all I have to do is wait for the extra parts to arrive that Peter mailed. :-) Yay! Back on track.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Fatdog said:
Great news!! :cool: :cool: I was tinkering with an old, beater Sanyo M9950, which I'll be parting out, and found that the tape counter is 99.999% the same as the GF-303/9191 tape counter. All I had to do was switch out the push button. :yes:

So, now the cassette mechanism has new belts along with a "new" tape counter and is reassembled. The front case half will probably get a Full Patron tonight and then all I have to do is wait for the extra parts to arrive that Peter mailed. :-) Yay! Back on track.
Bobby did you get lucky with those usual Sharp issues of the capstain shaft tire bushing and not need replacement :hmmm:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Nice.... I need to use that baking soda treatment on my 9191... jealous you basically have the 9191 with pitch control now, don't ya???

At the next meet I'll make sure to bring my 9696 and we'll see if we can beat-mix with two boomboxes rather than a DJ mixer. :w00t: :lol:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
jaetee said:
Nice.... I need to use that baking soda treatment on my 9191... jealous you basically have the 9191 with pitch control now, don't ya???
I don't recall seeing pitch control anywhere before parts exploded everywhere. It certainly wasn't on the front. However, it does appear to have a true line-in and line-out in addition to the phono input in the front. :-)

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
Thank you for the cleaning tip.
I'm going to apply this new knowledge on a few of mine.
By the way, why did you deprive me of the sexy bath picks with Dawn liquid suds? :lol:

Cheers OSS :afro:

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Fatdog said:
jaetee said:
I don't recall seeing pitch control anywhere before parts exploded everywhere. It certainly wasn't on the front. However, it does appear to have a true line-in and line-out in addition to the phono input in the front. :-)
My bad, I thought it had pitch control. Maybe it's the Japanese version of the 9494 that has that pitch sliders like the 9696 and 508? Oh well...

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
jaetee said:
Fatdog said:
jaetee said:
My bad, I thought it had pitch control. Maybe it's the Japanese version of the 9494 that has that pitch sliders like the 9696 and 508? Oh well...
No, It is actually like the GF9191 version :thumbsup:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
btphoto said:
Any updates? Is this thing finished yet?
I still haven't received my GF-9191 parts box from Blasterpunk. I can't finish the GF-303 without those parts. :sadno: I've been waiting for a while, but I don't even know if he has mailed it yet. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.