One man's trash.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Hey Joe do you think a corner from a cut up m90 can be of any use. You can just graft the pieces in from there or however you want to do it. I have the whole corner and side panel . I primed it gray though.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I acrylic cemented all the plastic screw post bits I could find and all the cracks.

Stole the antennas off my Gold Helix gpx990. Polished the chrome rings and vertical trims. Cleaned the radio band buttons. Mounted the VUs. Mounted transformer. A little progress is better than none ;-).

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Built some screw posts. Reattached a handful of screw posts. Cleaned the woofers and tweets. Built some posts for drilling new mounts for the power switch bracket. And have some ideas for the blue theme......

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

crazygamer

Member (SA)
Jul 31, 2015
Estonia, Tallinn
Joe, you´re a true wizard, really, lesser mortal like me would have left it there where it is, but as M90 is such a grail and hell of a boombox and now this thing looks so far amazing ! What do you use for cleaning speakers ? Good job man, waiting to see the final product along with others :popcorn:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
M90 speakers luckily are poly coated. I dust them off with a toothbrush. Spray windex on an old tshirt I use as a rag wrapped around 1 finger. Lightly make circular passes to wipe and wetten the crud. Keep wiping until its clean and dry.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I have to do something until I get this case fixed so for now I fitted some LEDs.

Too spotty of light for my liking but it's all I had around.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
As a gorilla glue newb, I clearly don't know how this **** works. I figured with the steel stick epoxy screw posts I made that adding a hard coating to where the epoxy meets plastic just for strength wouldn't hurt. I pictured gorilla glue to be like super glue. Squirt it and let it harden in a thick puddle over that new seam......

I didn't know you had to wet your surfaces. I didn't know this **** expanded! And I didn't know it foamed up. Wtf is this **** for?????

I don't think the way it is curing that it is helping one bit to secure the seam between epoxy and plastic. I'm ****in aggravated with it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
I was about to ask you what the grey gunky stuff was you used on the posts, I think I need to know more about this than ever now. Has it caused any damage to the BB plastics or is the reaction/whatever solely limited to the product?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
With this project I am making an acception about the lights. This is a mod box already and lights are the least of my worries and it has been something I wanted to try for awhile. If it was an OG M90, I would go way classier on the light color, diffusion, and placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.