Mystery CL Discolite Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
you know this bitch loves some peanut butter when she walks down the street eating it with her bare hands , and the dude looks like he's on his way to see saturday night fever and that chocolate bar is like the candy version of the chick with the peanut butter the way he's proud to just molest that chocolate bar in public and strut with pride.

hell if that was me i woulda took of with the peanut butter chick too . she don't play around when she likes something lol.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Man oh man Chris!!!
This is the stuff dreams are made of.
Molding the remaining buttons will be fairly easy and the fact that they are not plated
Should make it easier to just paint the parts for a factory look.
Curious to see your Ace hardware EQ sliders look!!!
BTW do you think a GF777 handle will work?
If so, that is the route I would persue.
Then you are down to fixing the deck/doors
Antenna, speaker lights.
Awesome story bro. I am happy for you

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I'm going to have to resort to trying to catch Chris when he is drunk then, convincing him to sell the Discolite to Me. It hasn't worked for Me yet with Jimmy. :thumbsdown:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
hemiguy2006 said:
Man oh man Chris!!!
This is the stuff dreams are made of.
Molding the remaining buttons will be fairly easy and the fact that they are not plated
Should make it easier to just paint the parts for a factory look.
Curious to see your Ace hardware EQ sliders look!!!
BTW do you think a GF777 handle will work?
If so, that is the route I would persue.
Then you are down to fixing the deck/doors
Antenna, speaker lights.
Awesome story bro. I am happy for you
Thanks Frank. I bought a handle off eBay, not sure what it's from. The seller said it had Metal Ends, possibly off a 931. Hopefully I can mod it into the box as the stock handle it frightening! :freddy:

I opened the box and found 2 more sliders, so I may go down the route of molding them and painting them red as you mentioned.

THAFUZZ said:
I'm going to have to resort to trying to catch Chris when he is drunk then, convincing him to sell the Discolite to Me. It hasn't worked for Me yet with Jimmy. :thumbsdown:
Oh that will be tough Adam, I'm drunk now! :lol:

Keep your eyes pealed in the resto section real soon! :w00t:

mac daddy freshness

Member (SA)
Jun 6, 2011
Sunny California
JVC Floyd said:
you know this bitch loves some peanut butter when she walks down the street eating it with her bare hands , and the dude looks like he's on his way to see saturday night fever and that chocolate bar is like the candy version of the chick with the peanut butter the way he's proud to just molest that chocolate bar in public and strut with pride.

hell if that was me i woulda took of with the peanut butter chick too . she don't play around when she likes something lol.
This made me laugh harder than i was supposed to hahahaha!!!

Chris my Helix is working like a charm i OWE you big time i cant wait to take it to Chinatown!!!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mac daddy freshness said:
This made me laugh harder than i was supposed to hahahaha!!!

Chris my Helix is working like a charm i OWE you big time i cant wait to take it to Chinatown!!!
AWESOME, I'll glad to hear that, cause the warranty just went up! :lol:
I'll be rocking the J1 with ya!

That's September 16th?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I have a spare GF-777 handle if you want it, Chris.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Wow bro what an awesome story this is!! You stole that thing man! I think I'll share this story with my son as a pleasant bedtime story along with a lullaby... :chris920: "Rock a bye baby on the boombox....when its cranked up....the big beats will drop!!!" Ok enough freestyling Lol, but back to your story, YOU SCORED!! I have yet to come across anything even close to your bargain on Craigslist, but dammit I'm always lookin, and will keep looking. I think its so badass how you all come together to help out a brother in need like this when it comes to giving another member a chance at something like this or help with missing parts and repairs. Nothing but respect, from me to all you guys here on Boomboxery. Chris you gotta take this one to the streets once its all complete. Maybe to one of the future Cali meets? I'd love to see it in all its glory, thanks for sharing this bro! Outfu**ingstanding!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
SLO said:
Wow bro what an awesome story this is!! You stole that thing man! I think I'll share this story with my son as a pleasant bedtime story along with a lullaby... :chris920: "Rock a bye baby on the boombox....when its cranked up....the big beats will drop!!!" Ok enough freestyling Lol, but back to your story, YOU SCORED!! I have yet to come across anything even close to your bargain on Craigslist, but dammit I'm always lookin, and will keep looking. I think its so badass how you all come together to help out a brother in need like this when it comes to giving another member a chance at something like this or help with missing parts and repairs. Nothing but respect, from me to all you guys here on Boomboxery. Chris you gotta take this one to the streets once its all complete. Maybe to one of the future Cali meets? I'd love to see it in all its glory, thanks for sharing this bro! Outfu**ingstanding!
Thans SLO, I am now a believer. There are some other stories like this on Boomboxery. Member Blu_Fuz scored an M90 almost the same way off CL. It does happen from time to time so keep your eyes open.

But you're right, the fact the the guys on this site came together to help me finish this radio is nothing short of fantastic. AND this isn't the first time.

Member JVCFloyd hooked me up with not just one but two 120v power supplies for two Sharp VZ2000's that I got from Japan that were 100v radio's, member BMoney hooked me up with a perfect condition Japanese only M70 top control panel....the list just goes on and on.

There is so much you can do on your own, for the rest you need Boomboxery!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
not to mention chris made me a bad ass battery cover out of metal for my trc 918 , fits perfect , hell it even looks perfect!.
also chris gave me those old skool kicker subwoofers which i never imagined he would part with and those are the sweetest sounding things in the world .unimaginable sweet sounding bass and from 2- 8 inch woofers.
thanks chris!.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JVC Floyd said:
not to mention chris made me a bad ass battery cover out of metal for my trc 918 , fits perfect , hell it even looks perfect!.
also chris gave me those old skool kicker subwoofers which i never imagined he would part with and those are the sweetest sounding things in the world .unimaginable sweet sounding bass and from 2- 8 inch woofers.
thanks chris!.
That's what we do around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.