JVC RC-727L radio board

mariuseek

I identified the inductor I need. The part number from the service manual is 03226-1K, named "FM IF Trap". Is from the other JVC model, but has the same manual part number.
It is marked with a blue dot and one that looks more like purple, which according to the color code means it has 67 μH. Can I replace it with other 67 μH inductor even if it has a different build? I don't know how important this component is.
On my board the original one has been replaced with a smaller size inductor in parallel with something pink that looks like a ceramic capacitor, see the picture.

Attachments

• inductor ok.jpg
    inductor ok.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 4
  • old.jpg
    old.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 4

Superduper

Staff member
I think the 2nd color is grey, and on the side of the inductor after the grey dot, there is a silver dot meaning it's (10)-2 power or divided by 100. Meaning it should be 0.68μH. Just my guess. I didn't confirm what you said, but if you are saying that this is an FM IF trap, it would seem that it's purpose is to filter out FM signals from entering active components such as preamps. This would typically be just before the tuner output where only audio signals are desired (and no RF is desired in the signal at that point). Based on this, I am presuming it would have zero effect on the tuner's receiving bandwidth.