First negative reaction since the 80's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
Northerner said:
Nice one Alberto, that's more like it...you'll always get the odd music fascist but the majority of people simply like a bit of background music going on...we can't let the occasional nutjob put us off :)
That's right Simon, Some people just don't get it. Oh well, sucks for them!! :lol: :lol:

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Hey Guys, thanks for all your comments...All the stories remind me of what it means to use these machines and how things have changed a lot since the 80's.

I tossed and turned all night long. Couldn't get this thing out of my mind. Woke up this morning still annoyed. It's not even about music it's about personal space and being publicly embarrassed.

I'm not sure how things would have played out if my wife wasn't there saying "Come on, let's go" over and over again. Wife's are good like that! She could see it was FLAMING PISSED OFF. We have been together for 18 years, she told me in the car that she has never seen me that mad. I'm also not sure what would have happened if this would have been a man attacking me. Probably would have ended badly for both sides.

I've joked on this site more times that I can count about pissing people off with my radios...oh, it's funny! But not when you get this reaction in return.

My dad told me along time ago "We don't know how fine of a line we walk between having it all and loosing it all". All I can think is how this could have gone really bad. I could be in jail right now because of someone elses BS.

I'm still pissed....this will probably stick with me for a while...I have trouble shaking stuff like this off.

My wife and I have probably been to that taco stand 6 times this summer...love the place....not sure I will go back.

I will say that it makes me not just realize that people can be jerks, but that we shouldn't treat each other this way. I certainly don't want to be "That Person" and it makes me want to try to be cool with people....maybe it will make the people I interact with be cool....who knows...just trying to make some sense.
Hey Bro, The world has changed and some of the people in it. I loved the 80s, I love music, and I love Boom Boxes. So guess what people. I'M NOT CHANGING!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i consider what that fat ,ugly ,useless, cream filled loser did attempted theft and verbal assault , next time carry a digital camera and if bitches act up , record everything . so at least them they might think twice .

why don't people ask politely or explane what is bothering them before they bitch ? .i think most reasonable people wold be more accommodating with a little politeness .

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
im_alan_partridge said:
Chris, some people are just jerks. Try to forget about her and put it behind you :-)

Alberto, Hope you asked the people sharing your music to chip in for D cells :-D
LOL!! I was just happy they wanted me to blast my boomer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
One National Boombox Meet... SHE may never go back, rather then you considering it... We could keep it quiet, peacefully. Just the sight of allour boxes would probably keep her away for life.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
The best way to get this behind you is to grab a big black boombox and crank some tunes up!!!!!

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Hey Guys, thanks for all your comments...All the stories remind me of what it means to use these machines and how things have changed a lot since the 80's.

I tossed and turned all night long. Couldn't get this thing out of my mind. Woke up this morning still annoyed. It's not even about music it's about personal space and being publicly embarrassed.

I'm not sure how things would have played out if my wife wasn't there saying "Come on, let's go" over and over again. Wife's are good like that! She could see it was FLAMING PISSED OFF. We have been together for 18 years, she told me in the car that she has never seen me that mad. I'm also not sure what would have happened if this would have been a man attacking me. Probably would have ended badly for both sides.

I've joked on this site more times that I can count about pissing people off with my radios...oh, it's funny! But not when you get this reaction in return.

My dad told me along time ago "We don't know how fine of a line we walk between having it all and loosing it all". All I can think is how this could have gone really bad. I could be in jail right now because of someone elses BS.

I'm still pissed....this will probably stick with me for a while...I have trouble shaking stuff like this off.

My wife and I have probably been to that taco stand 6 times this summer...love the place....not sure I will go back.

I will say that it makes me not just realize that people can be jerks, but that we shouldn't treat each other this way. I certainly don't want to be "That Person" and it makes me want to try to be cool with people....maybe it will make the people I interact with be cool....who knows...just trying to make some sense.
Hi Chris,

Sorry that you have had to go through this shiat. Please consider the following points:

1. This female obviously had a screw loose (crazy). :wacko:
2. You were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
3. Any other member of the general public sitting in that same table would probably have been attacked. :eek:
4. Imagine the poor bastards in her past and her future! You're not the first and probably not the last person this woman will attack.
5. As we get older, our sense of right and wrong seems to strengthen. As a 45 year old, you simply aren't prepared to take that shiat from other people anymore. :angry:
6. You have a great wife Chris. Mentally stable women tend to avoid confrontation at all costs and thus tend to be more level-headed in certain situations. Your wife's response to just get the hell out of there is proof of this. As a red blooded male, your natural instinct isn't flight, your natural instinct is to fight. Nothing wrong with that, don't feel guilty. From the responses you've received so far in this thread, you reacted the exact same way as many other forum members would have when faced with this situation!
7. Married men live longer than single men! ;-)

I don't know about other guys here, but when I'm cranking a box outdoors, I do tend to think the people around me think I'm a silly old fart just trying to relive his youth. And you know what, I couldn't care less! We're the cool kids of the 80s, not the piss weak losers that just stood by and watched, we were the rockers, we were the punks kicking arse. And you know what, that attitude doesn't go away just because we go grey and bald!

Long live the 80's, long live rock & long live the mighty Boombox! :chris920: :stereo:
James... :-)

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Hi Chris,

Sorry that you have had to go through this shiat. Please consider the following points:

3. Any other member of the general public sitting in that same table would probably have been attacked. :eek:
4. Imagine the poor bastards in her past and her future! You're not the first and probably not the last person this woman will attack.
5. As we get older, our sense of right and wrong seems to strengthen. As a 45 year old, you simply aren't prepared to take that shiat from other people anymore. :angry:
6. You have a great wife Chris. Mentally stable women tend to avoid confrontation at all costs and thus tend to be more level-headed in certain situations. Your wife's response to just get the hell out of there is proof of this. As a red blooded male, your natural instinct isn't flight, your natural instinct is to fight. Nothing wrong with that, don't feel guilty. From the responses you've received so far in this thread, you reacted the exact same way as many other forum members would have when faced with this situation!

I don't know about other guys here, but when I'm cranking a box outdoors, I do tend to think the people around me think I'm a silly old fart just trying to relive his youth. And you know what, I couldn't care less! We're the cool kids of the 80s, not the piss weak losers that just stood by and watched, we were the rockers, we were the punks kicking arse. And you know what, that attitude doesn't go away just because we go grey and bald!

Long live the 80's, long live rock & long live the mighty Boombox! :chris920: :stereo:
Well said James! :yes: :chris920:
Go!

=ml=

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Hi Chris,

Very well summarised James.
I couldn't agree more especially with point 2,3 and 4. Spot on.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
All this story suck a big time. Come over here dude , so we can crank the jvc boomblaster on 50 and bass set to 6. People enjoy that. Damn now i can believe one thing which saw on the news - people in poorest countries are happier. Hate when some twats which are taking the live way too serious are trying to screw our joy too. Just F em , and crank it up.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Glad to hear that cooler heads prevailed Chris and that all parties are OK. This cold have escalated into a real $hitstorm quickly.

The $hitdisturber in me says, this location would be perfect for the next SoCal Massive Boombox Meet. Imagine 40+ memebers with their boxes and having our large lady friend show up :drunk:

Consider the pot stirred! :ninja:

Radio 80's FM

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2011
Sunny Western Australia
Sorry to hear you day was ruined!
But yeah, probably some crazy B!tch on day release from the Zoo.
I sometimes think a good monkey stompin' is what's needed to sort some people out but at teh end of the day, it's not worth the hassel plus in the US I'd imagine litigation.
Keep rockin'the box brother!

blacksnake

Member (SA)
Jun 6, 2010
New Jersey
I know what it feels like when you don't want to let something go, but don't let it get you down. Thankfully, with all the a-holes in the world, they are still greatly outnumbered by nice, regular people. It's just that the a-holes are harder to forget.

Remember, that 400lb tub o' shiat has likely been a very miserable person for a very long time, and just be glad your not her, and don't have to been near her again!

P.S. I could almost rage just reading that story, so I can imagine how you felt!

bantytfv

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2011
East TN. USA
It never ceases to amaze me how people cannot mind their own business these days, if you hadn't have been a nice guy she could have gotten her teeth knocked out. That is if she had any.

Status
Not open for further replies.