First negative reaction since the 80's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Matrixambience said:
I was having a bad day, but you get the " bad day reward" for sure. Sorry that happened. It's not just west coast buddy. The east coast has its village idiots for sure! My dad always told me it could be worse. You still have your radio. You aren't in jail for knocking chiclets out of a dunkin donut eatin nasty lady. You didn't lose your home in a CA wildfire. You handled it well IMHO. Move on, brush off all mean and negative crapfunk, and have fun again! We are here to help you out bud.
In retrospective...of course your right...the people in those wild fires are having a WAY worse day and the police weren't called which certainly would have made things much worse.

Thanks for helping put this into prospective! It's not a big deal....it really isn't but it's amazing how someone can get my goat so darn fast.

-GZ- said:
Thanks for takin one for the team, bro. Of all the positive experiences you've had, you had to expect a negative one at some point. No way you could have seen honey booboo's mom hollerin racist crazy shiat at you, but we can never see how bad the bad shiat really is before it happens....in any aspect of our lives. Keep boomin in SoCal, broham...the love will come back ten fold..
You are all clear to blast....I have taken the bullet :lol: :thumbsdown:

Robb said:
What kind of music were you listening to ? lol

In Canada, this would never happen. We tolerate alot here.
We'd just say eh, just let the guy listen to his music as long as theres no profanity in it.
I'll tell ya bro, I knew where I as going and I had a bunch of mellow music cued up. I was listening to the latest John Waite album. It's about as heavy as Hall & Oats. I'm tellin' ya, the volume was on 0.5. It was whispering and we were the only people in the place. It's not like I was cranking Slayer!

What ever....I have managed to calm down....

MORE THAN ANYTHING....I want to say...

THANKS GUYS!

Getting this off my chest makes it easier to deal with....Another reason why Boomboxery Rocks!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Wow Chris!! I'm totally shocked she had the gall to grab the radio, what a beatch :thumbsdown: I told Jeannie story and first words out of her mouth was " I thought music is supposed to soothe the savage beast, guess it don't work on stay puff marshmallow women". :lol:

Bad Boy Bill

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
Wow Chris!! I'm totally shocked she had the gall to grab the radio, what a beatch :thumbsdown: I told Jeannie story and first words out of her mouth was " I thought music is supposed to soothe the savage beast, guess it don't work on stay puff marshmallow women". :lol:

Bad Boy Bill
LOL....Jeannie Nailed it!

I'll tell ya man....My concern was less with the radio and more with what happens next? In the flash of the moment I was thinking of my wife's safety. what happens if the police come, my word against her's, she hit the ground....where is this going to go and how am "I" going to be paying for it! I could totally see ME going to jail over this BS. In this modern world, it only takes a second to get into a situation you can't back out of.

For all I know, that lady was just a crazy off her rocker and off her meds! As lame as it is, in my mind I'm thinking "That radio is $400" and if she trashes it, that's it!

When I was younger, I used to LOVE crowds and being IN THE ACTION....now at 45, I just don't feel like fighting off the masses any more.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Yeah I hear ya bro. It only takes one dumb thing out of anger that you can't take back. But that beatch deserved to fall on her A$$, maybe it could knock some sense into her :-). Doubtful though :lol:

Bad Boy Bill

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Yea, Chris right? That stinks Ive had moments, not with my boomboxes yet, but other stuff, and people like that, just eats at you for days, thinking about ways you coulda said/done something different. But it sounds like you did everything right. Just know your a much better person than her. She obviously doesn't care about herself if she's that big, so why would anyone expect her to care about anything else, especially a beautiful thing like your 935. You did good.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
What balls on this bitch...chris I commend you on showing so much restraint...she is totally wrong ..but you need to understand that this is the problem when brother and sister have offspring.... :lol: :lol: what I find crazy is that you got up and walked away and she still followed you unreal....Don't sweat it brother you did all you could do ...otherwise I see this situation getting much worse...

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Jeez what a bitch...she coulda just asked nicely. If someone had asked me nicely to turn it off then I would no problems. But if someone acts like that clearly you wouldn't do what she wants, she was likely a little 'troubled' in the head to behave in such an unecessarily aggressive way. But I'd be pissed off for the next coupla days after something like that too...just no need for it. Luckily us Brits are generally too polite to act like that

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
If someone asks you to turn the volume down, that is something I can understand. Sometimes people have a bad day and just overreact to small things.
However, I would have reacted exactly the same way. If you play your radio at 0.5 volume, I would even do that in public transportation - no problem.
BUT when someone tries to touch my radio, I am starting to see red. I'd either use a lot of swear words towards that person or use physical force...

"Don't touch that dial, i'll be upset,
Might go into a fit and rip off your neck."

LL was right after all.

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
stupid dumb fat bitch!women like that are good for nothing-apart from having babies and claiming dole (think its called social security in the u.s of a)-sorry to be strong but she had no right harrassing you like that..........i thought the uk was stuffed up :thumbsdown:

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Reli said:
"N-word box", wow. :thumbsdown:
Really? I mean really? I'm not African-American, but that really makes me feel sad. I'm as lily white, Northern-European as you can get, but inside I cry for my country every time I see or hear of something like this. My Great-Great-Grandfather immigrated here from Scotland over a century and a half ago. He marched through Georgia with General Sherman, and when I think of the terrible loss of life on both sides putting, or at least trying to put shiat like that behind us as a country, I can't help it. I cry a little bit inside. :sad:

It hurts us all. It can happen still on any street corner of any town to anybody and it hurts us all. :sad:

I've grown up a lot from the days when things like this made me mad. I thank the Lord we live in a world where we can come to a place like this site and escape from this type of madness. I just take solace in the fact that every day & every year things get better here. I know it does 'cause I've seen it myself.

Coolly and calmly MY box would go to ten and await the arrival of law enforcement to break up the ensuing altercation. :police: :police: :police: :dj-party: :police: :police: :police: Oh, who am I kidding? I would probably think of Pat like you did your wife and do just AS you did, Chris.

I would be the bigger man. Way to go, Chris.

Way to go. :thumbsup: :bow: B)

Rick said my first thought. Please move here!

Sorry for focusing on that one stupid word. It's that probably more than any other, it brings rational conversation to a halt.

Kinda like it did to my post. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
Wow that's quiet unbelievable man :thumbsdown: I would of reacted the same if not worse than you did, wtf is wrong with some people? maybe she couldn't find her daily burger and doughnut fix :lol: anyway good on you for keeping a cool head and not knocking the bitch out :-)

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
That's a crazy story!!

I remember back in 1988 or '89', this girl I knew, her pop asked me to turn my music down on my Lasonic TRC-931 - TWICE - 'cause it was night time and his wife was upstairs sleeping with the windows open... The 2nd time was when he explained the situation (I probably had the volume up half way at the start and dialed it back to about 2)... He never told me to turn it off tho...

That said, I would've told her to go **** herself. And if she grabbed my box, I'd have had no choice but to sock her... I don't believe in hitting women, but you cross the line when you **** with my personal property without my approval and ANYBODY (other than a cop) is fair game.

I almost wish she gave you more of an excuse to put the boots to her a$s when she was down on the ground. Haha. She damn sure would've deserved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
Hey Bro, first I want to commend you on how you reacted and handled the situation. Even though she was rude, arrogant, and using obscenities, you did not do the same. You were the much better, smarter, classier, person and walked away and changed your plans for the day. As we are lovers of music and boomboxes any time we take our music and boomboxes out in public there is going to be a 50/50 chance that people are going to think it's cool or just hate it. Two weekends ago, my girlfriend and I went to the beach. We set up our beach umbrella, blanket, and beach chairs, and of course, my boombox. There were people set up 5 feet away around us. I am a courteous and respectful person so I turn on the boomer and set it to 1, and then I walked 5 feet away from where we were set up, to where the other people were, to make sure that it wasn't to loud and that they could not hear it. So there we were enjoying a beautiful day at the beach and enjoying the music and sipping on a couple of margaritas ( we like making margaritas on the beach, it's our thing. LOL!! ). About 2 hrs. go by and this lady, out of all other spaces available on the beach comes and sets up right next to us. She sets up here beach chair and umbrella and comes over to me and asked if I could turn the radio down. She asked politely, but still, I was a little upset inside because it was set very low at 1, and she was the one that decided to set up next to us. So as a respectful person, I said sure, not a problem and set the volume to .5. My girlfriend turned to me and said " It's not even worth bringing the boombox to the beach anymore, which sucks because I hate putting those stupid ear things in my ear and I like listening to music from the boombox and still be able to talk to you". The lady sat there with her book and with ear plugs in here ears! HUH!! About an hour and a half and she is done with her book and packs up and leaves the beach. At that point 3 people that were set up 5 feet around away from us walk over and said to me, " I can't believe that lady asked you to turn your radio down, you had the volume so low. By the way can you turn that boom box up so we can enjoy some music?" As a respectful person, I said "Sure no problem" and went from .5 to 5.0. We were cranking the tunes and I made some margaritas for them and enjoyed the next 3 hours at the beach. I turned to my girlfriend and said, " See it's worth bringing a boom box to the beach ". :-)

BTW, boomer was a JVC 550

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Nice one Alberto, that's more like it...you'll always get the odd music fascist but the majority of people simply like a bit of background music going on...we can't let the occasional nutjob put us off :)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Guys, thanks for all your comments...All the stories remind me of what it means to use these machines and how things have changed ALLOT since the 80's.

I tossed and turned all night long. Couldn't get this thing out of my mind. Woke up this morning still annoyed. It's not even about music it's about personal space and being publicly embarrassed.

I'm not sure how things would have played out if my wife wasn't there saying "Come on, let's go" over and over again. Wife's are good like that! She could see it was FLAMING PISSED OFF. We have been together for 18 years, she told me in the car that she has never seen me that mad. I'm also not sure what would have happened if this would have been a man attacking me. Probably would have ended badly for both sides.

I've joked on this site more times that I can count about pissing people off with my radios...oh, it's funny! But not when you get this reaction in return.

My dad told me along time ago "We don't know how fine of a line we walk between having it all and loosing it all". All I can think is how this could have gone really bad. I could be in jail right now because of someone elses BS.

I'm still pissed....this will probably stick with me for a while...I have trouble shaking stuff like this off.

My wife and I have probably been to that taco stand 6 times this summer...love the place....not sure I will go back.

I will say that it makes me not just realize that people can be jerks, but that we shouldn't treat each other this way. I certainly don't want to be "That Person" and it makes me want to try to be cool with people....maybe it will make the people I interact with be cool....who knows...just trying to make some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.