Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
Well we all heard of cabin fever , I now have cabin hangover every damn day. My only contingency plan is to kill the virus with whiskey if it comes to that .

blu_fuz

Staff member
I did hammer through a bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire faster than I thought I would the first week of this LOLOL.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
I hear all of you,actually saw a friend,kept distance of course and had a wine cooler thing Mikes Hard Lemonade berry flavored,was quite nice!! Now I’m in the house for quite sometime so it’s Boombox with smokable and it’s kind of nice that spring is springing now!!😊😎🎶🎼📻

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Rimmer36 said:
wish you were here transistorized you could have another m70 buddy, i never use it
Wow! That is very tempting :-) I need to stop hoarding the M70s. I got a little crazy with these & now I'm trying to maintain social distancing from the ones I have. :cool:

Radio raheem

Requiem Æternam
Transistorized said:
wish you were here transistorized you could have another m70 buddy, i never use it
Wow! That is very tempting :-) I need to stop hoarding the M70s. I got a little crazy with these & now I'm trying to maintain social distancing from the ones I have. :cool:
m90's I can understand but my m70 sounds so cold as in little warmth it has bass etc and good highs...I could get shot of many as I just don't use them much any more...damn virus lol :-)

Bloodhound

Member (SA)
Hi Guys... Hope everyone is OK.

Been awhile since I posted. Things here in Western New York are bad. Not gonna sugar coat it. I was "laid off" as a result of the epidemic early on. I was lucky enough to get into the state unemployment website 3 weeks ago and apply for benefits before the mayhem started. Never been on unemployment in my life so I'm trying to get used to it. I'm happy though. Very blessed to have gotten immediate approval due to COVID so things remain financially stable for now. There are thousands effected here. My wife is a nurse so we're all sweating bullets as you might imagine. My teenage son is a cashier at a grocery store as well so we're taking all the precautions we can under the circumstances.

I have a feeling we're all going to get it eventually. All we can do is pray and isolate until a proven treatment is found or vaccine is made. What else can we do? The stores here are doing what they can but the shelves are still thoroughly picked over. I knew I should have taken up prepping like I wanted to in the 90's dammit! LOL.. Main thing is we're ok and blessed to have what we need to keep going.

Aside from that our C-100 builds are on hold as my painter has been unable to use his paint booth at work so I'm keeping busy with other things. The day before the shiteee hit the fan my daughter went into the local amvets store and bought an Aiwa NSX-V70 book shelf stereo for $10.00 (pretty much identical to the one pictured)...... She was so excited to have something that "fit" into our boombox obsession that I jumped on board regardless. Not a boombox of course but hey, she's excited and thinks she's "in the club" so I'm not gonna squash her enthusiasm. Thanks to the lessons learned here I have both tape decks working flawlessly after cleaning and re-belting. I'm currently addressing the non functional 3 disc CD changer as well. I know it's probably a sacrilege to post something like that here but it's keeping me busy while I'm under house arrest 24/7 so please understand LOL! At this point I'm glad to have something to do besides the honey do list. That's growing by the day now that I'm on "vacation" so gotta do what I gotta do for sanity's sake know what I mean? :)

s-l640.jpg

docs

Member (SA)
Glad to hear you are ok, remain sensible and safe, unlike many out there still being assholes.

Main thing bothering me directly is the painfully slow delivery of stuff for repairs. That’s only because we are completely isolating and haven’t been anywhere for almost 3 weeks which is putting a spotlight on trivial things.

Meanwhile, there continues to be many people where we live out and about often, from walking, biking, playing football across the way in the park to driving quads, bikes, cars as fast as they can up and down the main road. I have such little patience these days for this behaviour, if it goes on for months there is no doubt about it, I’m going to do someone some damage.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
I had the exact same Aiwa during the mid 90s. Decent bass for what it was. The surround speakers were very weak volume so I ended up tossing them. The belts broke after only 5-6 years due to all the silly clicks and clunks those decks have to make.

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
I had to order a mask off eBay to wear because its mandatory in all public buildings in Maryland. Also ordered new foams for my subwoofers in my jeep which are almost 30 years old ,so that gives me at least something to do under these stay at home orders. I built custom boxes on the side panels in the back of my jeep and they dont take up any space.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
JVC Floyd said:
I had to order a mask off eBay to wear because its mandatory in all public buildings in Maryland. Also ordered new foams for my subwoofers in my jeep which are almost 30 years old ,so that gives me at least something to do under these stay at home orders. I built custom boxes on the side panels in the back of my jeep and they dont take up any space.
I tried to order a mask off eBay. Ended up getting scammed but I got my money back. Ended up finding these FF2P masks and so that's what I am having to use

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
I been using regular old construction dust mask's that been sitting for 20 years in my garage lol.

TW5

Member (SA)
Now hair clippers and hair dyes are in demand
trimmers etc so self cutting your hair is a big thing.
I already have a collection of these things anyways.
I havent gone to a hair cutter for many years.

Looks like another out of stock item now.

Status
Not open for further replies.