What boombox project are you working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I agree son, i mean if i see something and i like it i buy it irespectfully of the price lol, as i pointed out in my post the most important thing is to make sure she is complete with the yogurt pot...i think my pc 5 was £250 but then it was boxed and complete, i wouldn't have bought it if i hadn't seen the box...thank god i did lol

back to you and me waffling on, we may as well carry on Sir lol

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah make sure it has the cover on the back too lol. It does suck when those are missing .
I'm not sure what the PC 11 cost new but it had to he a shlt ton o money .

Rimmer36 said:
I agree son, i mean if i see something and i like it i buy it irespectfully of the price lol, as i pointed out in my post the most important thing is to make sure she is complete with the yogurt pot...i think my pc 5 was £250 but then it was boxed and complete, i wouldn't have bought it if i hadn't seen the box...thank god i did lol

Like they say I set my standards pretty low that way I'm never disappointed lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
pc 55 was £350 im guessing the pc11 was about £250 i wasn't interested in the pc 11 back then it had to be the 55 which i never had, instead i had the dc33l which was my 3rd box back then and it cost £250, i did discos went to school with it she went everywhere, and even work later on lol

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
Yeah make sure it has the cover on the back too lol. It does suck when those are missing .

Like they say I set my standards pretty low that way I'm never disappointed lol.
post edited, i think i went into to much detail lol sorry Floyd :-)

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Rimmer36 said:
Thanks guys!! must think about it... but not too long.
Just drink a bottle of whisky mate, that will soon change you're mind, after all it is xmas :yes:
Haha!! A shot of Fireball would do it!!

Rimmer36 said:

post edited, i think i went into to much detail lol sorry Floyd :-)You’re forgiven Lol

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys, got the PC 11 finaly. Its even got the original manual and papers.😳👍😀
And since the PC is located less than an hour away, the seller is shipping it free of charge.

The last PC 55 I bought also came with all original manual and papers and on top of that, sold to me by the original, now 71 years old, owner. He had bought the PC 55 for $600CND in april 1984.
Just a fun fact.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I still have my PC-55JW I. bought new in 85'! I love it! I also have the rare C model which draws 93 watts and has a plug for AC in back.
Man I've only replaced 1 light bulb in my original deck,I was to scared to go any further!!😮😊😎🎼🎶📻📻

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Ghettoboom767 said:
I still have my PC-55JW I. bought new in 85'! I love it! I also have the rare C model which draws 93 watts and has a plug for AC in back.
Man I've only replaced 1 light bulb in my original deck,I was to scared to go any further!!
The PC-55 is a great BB. But you dont want to go inside... Man is it ever complicated techno.

markoneswift

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2015
Aotearoa New Zealand
Norm1968 said:
Bought 2 Paradigm speakers that will be modified to fit like the original speakers. Fittting the original front grills Is the real chalange. The reason for this project is the bass missing with the original speakers. The Paradigm produces incridible bass and amazing overall sound.
Will I call it a Pana-digm or a Para-sonic boombox now? 😜 IMG_2779.JPG
I added some Infinity speaker internals to my Sharp VZ3000 cabinets. Made a big difference :-)

Currently fixing up a Hitachi TRK-9100w. Got it stripped down ready for a bath and I've cleaned the pots, sliders and switches.

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
markoneswift said:
Bought 2 Paradigm speakers that will be modified to fit like the original speakers. Fittting the original front grills Is the real chalange. The reason for this project is the bass missing with the original speakers. The Paradigm produces incridible bass and amazing overall sound.
Will I call it a Pana-digm or a Para-sonic boombox now? 😜 IMG_2779.JPG
I added some Infinity speaker internals to my Sharp VZ3000 cabinets. Made a big difference :-)

Currently fixing up a Hitachi TRK-9100w. Got it stripped down ready for a bath and I've cleaned the pots, sliders and switches.
Speakers make a big difference. VZ3000 plays the records well? They’re not that many BB record player out there,
Good luck with that TRK!!

caution said:
I gotta get my hands on one of these infamous 55's, sound like fun to work on ;-)
They’re are great BB. Fun to use and impressive... but stay out of it. But you’ve figured that already. 😄

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Norm1968 said:
I gotta get my hands on one of these infamous 55's, sound like fun to work on ;-)
They’re are great BB. Fun to use and impressive... but stay out of it. But you’ve figured that already.
I live to tear into these things and fix all their problems. It's partially why I love this hobby so much ;-)

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
caution said:
They’re are great BB. Fun to use and impressive... but stay out of it. But you’ve figured that already.
I live to tear into these things and fix all their problems. It's partially why I love this hobby so much ;-)

Well, you’re the man to reach if we have a BB problem... 😜

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
https://youtu.be/Gf6RPrPeglw

Here are the speakers I used to modify my Panny RX-C300. That is why I can turn the volume to max with no distortion what so ever.
They sure perform great!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Thank you , I tell you cutting these up right was a hassle , now time to join the parts with 5 gallons of jb weld lol.

The best thing about the jb weld is I can almost mix it to match the case color.

Status
Not open for further replies.