What boombox project are you working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Rimmer36 said:
Floyd, The electronic in these PC 55 is very touchy including the tape player having 3 motors... I agry with you, a lot can go wrong in there.
3 motors Wow wasn't aware of that because as far as i know they only use 1 belt but i must be mistaken
Here’s a pic of the tape player of the PC 55. The bigger motor on the right drives a belt. The others seem to be direct drive.

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yes 3 motors , these decks are really pieces of electronic art.

Also just working on these is a motherfukers hands down the most **** ever crammed into a boombox.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Thank you Norm :thumbsup: I agree Floyd, it's without doubt the best deck Ever in a boombox but like feck would i try taking one apart lol

ohh btw the thing that stands out on the pc5 is the loudness control that is lacking in so many compo's, i would also like a pc7 Floyd as there meant to be louder and also they have tweeters unlike the pc5 :thumbsup:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah these decks are like knowing you have to face Apollo no painless way to get your ass kicked lol.just thinking of working on these is like fuk shlt damn damn damn like Florida Evans.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Well I have a semi working amp section so in my traditional style it will have to be assimilated into a cyborg type boombox.
I would love to have 2 PC 7 main units coupled together with a big ass pair of speakers , now that would be epic and heavy.
Hell even 2 PC 5 would do lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
what is wrong with you're amp section lad, i can send you one after Christmas and the handle, hell 2 pc7, now were talking bud, the pc5 is rated at 20 watts p/c not mine lol, and the pc7 30w p/c,

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
The tuner doesnt work but it works on line in only , the tape deck doesn't respond and the backlight stays off unless you press the light button on the deck.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Well if you want the parts, give me a shout after xmas, i recon you should try flooding the ribbon connections with servisol and see what gives :yes:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I been over every inch of those ribbon cables and couldn't find anything wrong but that don't mean there's no problem .
If I can get that spare amp from you I will. My next victim to work on is the dc7 let's see how bad I **** that one up lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
You NEVER fark things up Floyd you're a god lol, anyway listen who's talking, i farked up that s90 a week after getting it my god i was totally gutted...there just to old and complicated mate and with no service manual im screwed, as my engineer only works with the manual as he has no common sense lol

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I could use a tech anybody who's good with a screwdriver even if its jack the ripper lol

I just rebelted my gf 9000 I was afraid to get even **** with it after messing with 3 other boxes but I figured **** it , its like clint Eastwood in fistful of dollars , he thought he only needed 3 coffins but afterwards he said my mistake 4 coffins lol. There would a been 4 coffins if I ****ed that one up.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
yea my engineer is good, that m90 i had of stereomad was totally farked in the post, broken boards blown amps you name it actually both my m90's were farked as he rebuilt my victor as well and there as good as new and he doesn't charge the usual rate ether...i hope you cleaned those idlers in the 9000 as well dude, there a pain in the ass lol

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
It drove me a bit crazy but in the end it wasn't that bad, sharp did a great job designing the interior layout , that deck assembly was ****ing massive though I was like wtf lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i still remember walking you through you're first belt change on an m90 in the chat room, i think you used a rubber band, those were the days lad haha

anyway we had better return this thread to it's op lol unless we can find some other shiat to waffle on about haha

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah and before I put that rubber band on that m90 sat in the closet under a pile of junk for a long time lol I had a vz 2000 and a lasonic 935 so I really didn't give a **** then.
OK back on track.

Norm1968

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
JVC Floyd said:
Same here 3 ohm speakers with a 95 db signal noise ratio and the damn PC 11 just lit up with awesome thumping crazy loud sound.
I would love to have a PC 5 a PC 3 PC 7 , I'm done with the PC 55 there's just too much shiat that can go wrong , a real shame too because the potential of the PC compo boxes is off the scale.
Floyd, I believe your the guy to ask... a JVC PC-R11LD at $199USD, 100% working condition and realy good overall estetics, good deal or not?

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I think its worth it . I wish I could afford another one . if you get it the minute you pick it up it feels like you got your money's worth , these are extremely well made boomboxes and its best to get them in working condition and cosmetics.I prefer this model because it has an actual volume knob and not those damn sliders, these are heavy weight true compo boxes.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I think the price is a bit steep, mine was £15 of ebay last year, but if it's fully working then why not, the most important thing to ask, is the yogurt pot on the back, as without those these are just a mass of wires....damn i need to dig mine out, such quality compared to today's shiat...a box with an amplifier and 2 speakers and thats it lol

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah the price might seem high but its low compared to what we pay for mostly plastic boomboxes , plus as time goes by they get more expensive because people start buying these up instead of the higher priced boxes even though these are way higher quality.

When i started on the forums back in 2005 you couldn't give an m70 away , now look at the prices lol. In 2005 I turned down a beat up disco lite for $10.00 now look at the prices.people made fun of lasonic , now look at the prices lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.