Truck RIMS! LOOOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
3 of my 4 cars have OEM mags...with the right bolt pattern, the right hub centerbore and the OE offset (ET)...you will almost never have issues like this. My summer car (V8 BMW) has some Hamann wheels on it, the same wheels can be found on the Hamann Ferrari's. They are top quality and an exact fit on my BMW...no issues whatsoever and fit like a glove and only have a single 5 bolt pattern. I have seen many cheap aftermarket wheel hubs crack, or break with multi bolt patterns throughout the years...my friend builds 400+hp civics/integra's...trust me many multi bolt pattern aftermarket wheels from the orient are LOW LOW quality and can bend, or crack easily. I only need to see 1 damaged wheel like this, to make me NEVER put something like that on my car...no way! To each his own i guess but for me i know what i want when it comes to wheels ;-)

Now blu get those tires and let's see some pics :lol: :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm workin on selling stuff for the tires! Lol. I'm glad some of you like them :cool:

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
blu_fuz said:
I'm workin on selling stuff for the tires! Lol. I'm glad some of you like them :cool:
Come up with a $price$ for your Grafitti Lasonic i931 and send me a pm...i'll chip in on your tire raising fund :clap:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I'm old school like Norm. Love the 5 spoke look with some chrome lugs. I really am not into the huge wheel and flat tire look. My 20" on the Challenger and Camaro at least have lugs showing. On a truck I would much rather have a nice 15-16" rim with huge 40" or larger mud tires :thumbsup: but that's me :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superduper

Member (SA)
Superduper said:
Any wheel manufacturer too cheap to make an assortment of varying bolt patterns doesn't deserve my business. Its just drilling holes, after all.
gsbadbmr said:
You don't drill EXTRA holes on the same wheel to weaken the wheels, fewer holes is more solid and less chance of it cracking between the holes that aren't being used...trust me :bang:

24"s with exposed bolts just don't look as good...because the bolts are too small in comparison to the wheel.

(Lincoln Navigator on 24's with no center caps :lol: )
I didn't mean to drill more holes because it's easy to do. What I meant was that any manufacturer that is too cheap to stock an assortment of wheels with appropriate bolt patterns, instead drilling multiple holes for a universal fit, is not a manufacturer I would buy products from.

Back in the day 35 or so years ago, factory wheels were mostly all stamped steel with decorative hub caps. A cheap and easy way to cover up and decorate wheels. Our hotrodding aftermarket upgrades were always shiny mag rims with pretty chrome lugnuts. There is something about a cover (regardless of big or small) that feels too much like a hubcap of old. To me, wheels displaying a large populous ring of beefy lugs suggests mucho strength, brawn. I do agree that a giant wheel with a teeny weeny ring of 5/6 puny lugs in the center looks disturbing; however, to me, that's one reason not to go with giant donk-like rims but what the hay, as long as the owner of them rims is happy, who cares what anyone else thinks, right?

Here's are 18" factory rims that I wouldn't mind getting an extra set for my HD, to install more aggressive tires on, and to get a bit more weight capacity over my factory 20" alloys.
silverado_alloys_18.jpg

The ones below are similar to the ones on my truck. Mine has chevy bowtie in the center instead of GMC but other than the center cap, the rims themselves are identical. The center cap is actually a very nice quality piece of trim. They are 20" inchers and I would NOT want them any lower profile than they already are. I actually USE my truck to haul, and prefer more aggressive lugs and higher capacity. Try finding luggy aggressive tires for the 20's, they are hard, no, impossible to find in that aspect ratio. The factory tires are rated for M/S but neither performs as good as I like in those situations. The traction is not nearly as good as I like in the snow, and I already got stuck once, big time, in my driveway (before I paved it with rock/gravel). The big pillowy balloon like BF-Goodrich TA KO's in my Hummer H2 performs far better, and I never got stuck with those, nor have they ever skidded (yet) in the snow.
silverado_alloys_20.jpg
gmc_2500hd_rims.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
gsbadbmr said:
Come up with a $price$ for your Grafitti Lasonic i931 and send me a pm...i'll chip in on your tire raising fund :clap:
^ man, I know I know! I have other things I really never use that I can sell, just need to find the buyers! If I get desperate I will drop you a PM :cool:

Yes dudes, with your 2500 chevy's, lifted trucks, small rims, and big tires. I get it, but that's not the way I roll and it's all chance weather you get stuck no matter how much tire you have. I still have my stock wheels and tires for winter and will be just fine. We can beat this dead horse topic all day every day and still end up with what we each like and it doesn't matter what the other guy does. I want them, I was able to raise the funds for them, so this is how it is.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
2 tires showed up yesterday, somehow got split up from the other 2 showing up today sometime :lol:

There is only one place in my area that can mount/balance 24" tires and they are booked through Monday. So it will still be a few days until they are mounted.

I also got a McGaughy's 2"/3" lowering kit to close up the wheel gap a little too.

305-35-25 Nankang SP-7.jpg
0401140725a.jpg

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
SLAM that sucka 2 tha ground blu! :-D . I love lowered trucks with HUGE rims...i personally hate wheel gap, and like driving low...on the ground...i have a fear of heights :lol: . I took my summer car out today for a drive and was in heaven :rock:

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
blu_fuz said:
Bills only talkin smack because he rolls in a lifted truck now.
Just saw Bill's truck in the other thread...it's nice. I personally still like the big 24's and lowered look...WITH centercaps to cover the many small bolts...now go put those 2 tires on the mags and install them on 1 side of your truck, you can worry about the other 2 tires when they arrive :lol:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Bills only talkin smack because he rolls in a lifted truck now.

Seriously just looking at pic they look taller than your original tires in background. But after you get yours all done I say we take them out four wheeling and see which one does better ;-). :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm not going to pretend I want to go mudd'n with my truck. That's not what I have it for. Thanks for the offer!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The wheels are mounted. It raised the truck up about 1/2"+ because the overall diameter of this setup is a little bigger. No tire rub on any part of the truck, I'm happy about that.

I'm not digging the 'donk' look on the factory suspension, so hopefully I can lower it soon to close up the wheel gap a little.

0419141727a.jpg0419141727b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.