Truck RIMS! LOOOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ I'm not worried about the re-sale value, but those 24" wheels, with any decent tires on them, after I use them, I should be able to get $800-$1k if I decided to sell them.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm only $100 short of buying the 24" wheels that I want. Hey, you only live once right?! :lol: I'm going to get them. If it works out and I can travel my short distances with the camper and there are no problems, then it's all good. I can always switch back to my stock setup if I need to. I took everyone's expert opinion into account :-D

Very excited! woooohooo

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Those wheels look very similar to some Asanti/ Lexani wheels that came out in the early 2000's..
I do know first hand that low-pros ride a lot harder, 10 years ago I had some 22"s on 30 series Pirelli Scorpion Zeros and the wide tread seemed to pull my car into every crack/groove in the road.. That was my first and last set of big rims.. I bought em as a gift to myself for my 22nd birthday!

Do what u want Joe, TRICK THAT TRUCK! :yes:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Buying them TODAY! They will be shipped from CA to WI, so it will take awhile to get here.

Won't have tires for a while, but atleast getting the wheels will be over. That's the hardest part. :cool:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Nope, from tbssowners.com/store. 2 year finish warranty and lifetime structure warranty.

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
That's great news, can't wait to see them :lol: When i got my new deep dish wheels for my summer car a short while ago i spent hours waxing them before putting the tires on...over and over until i was satisfied...to this day they STILL look brand new :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Me too man, me too! Until I get tires I will wax them and put one in my office :lol:. I'm so retarded :lol:

I originally wanted the U2 55s 24's but I read a lot of info on them being hard to balance, bend very easy, and the finish isn't that great. I think I could get those wheels with no tires for about $1,000-$1,200. They look pretty nice. Simple 6 spoke, with a deep lip, but it is a popular wheel because they are so cheap.
u2 55s.jpg

The wheels I did buy are actually made by 2 different companies. One is OE Wheels and the other is called Factory Reproductions.

-OE Wheels brand has been known for balancing issues too. They only have a 1 year finish warranty.
-Factory Reproductions brand wheels don't really have any issues balancing, 2 year finish warranty, and lifetime structure warranty. These only cost $100 more than the OE Wheels brand.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ that's true on some wheels. Some show well with no center cap, and some don't. This style offered in a cap-less design might have been able to pull it off.

I'm adding black vinyl with the gold bowtie to the center cap like it would be on a stock wheel. Breaks up the chrome a little bit and keeps the OEM look a little more.

center cap.jpg

Thanks Bill!

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Sick rims :thumbsup: I personally LOVE the look with the caps...and on huge wheels like these you NEED the caps to hide the puny little lug bolts :lol: It cleans up the area IMO and looks that much nicer :thumbsup:

With that being said, the one thing i can't stand is when you have multi bolt pattern wheels universal aftermarket mags that DON'T have center caps (look at pic below for reference)...that just looks stupid...really really ugly...and can be seen on lots of kids "rice rockets"...however that's not blu's case :lol:

Can't wait to see them on the truck now!

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Superduper said:
Any wheel manufacturer too cheap to make an assortment of varying bolt patterns doesn't deserve my business. Its just drilling holes, after all.
You don't drill EXTRA holes on the same wheel to weaken the wheels, fewer holes is more solid and less chance of it cracking between the holes that aren't being used...trust me :bang:

24"s with exposed bolts just don't look as good...because the bolts are too small in comparison to the wheel.

(Lincoln Navigator on 24's with no center caps :lol: )

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
They are a good looking set of rims Blu. :-D And I somewhat agree with both Gordie and Norm...

Yes you should be able to run a multi-template pattern for wheels...agree with Norm here. Engineering has come far enough that creating a strong enough hub shouldn't be an issue.

Yet...The center cap on larger wheels is necessary because it does look dorky having a huge wheel with no cap...but it also depends on the style. The Lincoln above needs help. A five spoke wheel shouldn't. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.