The VZ Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
Needs some WD-40 ;D
Both speakers work, but it's a little shaky. I figuered the average youtube viewer wouldn't notice... of course most of us here will :lol:
I'm buying some tomorrow and then I'll clean the VZ.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Zippy said:
Needs some WD-40 ;D
Both speakers work, but it's a little shaky. I figuered the average youtube viewer wouldn't notice... of course most of us here will :lol:
I'm buying some tomorrow and then I'll clean the VZ.
PLEASE be careful with the balance slider!
I ruined my second VZ2000 by using it with too little care...something in the slider broke and there it was...left channel DEAD. :sadno:
Maybe...if you want to... you can visit me with your VZ2000 and we can disassemble it properly just like I did with my keeper VZ2000. Most of the time the speakers look much better after cleaning. It is a 2-hour operation but well worth it and afterwards, you will have an even more mint looking VZ2000 :yes:

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I'll mind your advice. Hurting my new baby is the last thing I wanna do.
And thanks for your offer, Max. The thing is that the Sharp is in Osnabrueck and I won't take it to Berlin with me. It's just too big and I'll be travellin by train or see if someone can give me a ride.

wasabinuts said:
Hi Guys, I just found a VZ-2000 in a local auction (Adelaide, Australia). I didn't get an oppertunity to test it but bought it anyway as I was so blown away by it's size and the whole vertical lp player thing that I had to have it.

Other than being dusty it looked to be in good order. It came with a manual, has all of it's buttons but was missing it's a/c cable which I replaced easily. It powers up and the radio sorta works (falls off the station constatnly).

Here's the real problem. - I can't get the record to spin or the arms to move at all. I've taken out the three locking/shipping screws from the back of the unit and have looked at the troubleshooting bit in the manual with no luck.
Ive downloaded the service manual but before I begin to pull it apart and fudge my way around inside, I thought I'd check with you guys in hope of a simple solution.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgetting something? I've never seen another boombox like it.

Any ideas would be awesome!

[ Image ]
Just do search on my user name, I did a complete strip down with pictures on how to get the 2000 apart. Follow it because there are parts that break easily. Any questions just ask

Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.