The VZ Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

r o y a l ®

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I am most certainly not a member of the fictional club "world ghetto massive" so please stop prefixing your posts with that. it's a bit errmm, presumptuous. I'm sure you don't me anything bad by it at all, just a bit annoying, sorry to point that out, it's just how I feel. I do have two VZ's still . . 2500 and 2000. I love the linear turntable idea but neither sound good at all. No bass due to needles of the turntable. People are always amazed by the upright turntable.

Love the demo discs AZA, they look awesome ! ! ! ! ! !

wasabinuts

Member (SA)
May 3, 2010
Adelaide, South Australia
Hi Guys, I just found a VZ-2000 in a local auction (Adelaide, Australia). I didn't get an oppertunity to test it but bought it anyway as I was so blown away by it's size and the whole vertical lp player thing that I had to have it.

Other than being dusty it looked to be in good order. It came with a manual, has all of it's buttons but was missing it's a/c cable which I replaced easily. It powers up and the radio sorta works (falls off the station constatnly).

Here's the real problem. - I can't get the record to spin or the arms to move at all. I've taken out the three locking/shipping screws from the back of the unit and have looked at the troubleshooting bit in the manual with no luck.
Ive downloaded the service manual but before I begin to pull it apart and fudge my way around inside, I thought I'd check with you guys in hope of a simple solution.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgetting something? I've never seen another boombox like it.

Any ideas would be awesome!

wasabinuts said:
Hi Guys, I just found a VZ-2000 in a local auction (Adelaide, Australia). I didn't get an oppertunity to test it but bought it anyway as I was so blown away by it's size and the whole vertical lp player thing that I had to have it.

Other than being dusty it looked to be in good order. It came with a manual, has all of it's buttons but was missing it's a/c cable which I replaced easily. It powers up and the radio sorta works (falls off the station constatnly).

Here's the real problem. - I can't get the record to spin or the arms to move at all. I've taken out the three locking/shipping screws from the back of the unit and have looked at the troubleshooting bit in the manual with no luck.
Ive downloaded the service manual but before I begin to pull it apart and fudge my way around inside, I thought I'd check with you guys in hope of a simple solution.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or forgetting something? I've never seen another boombox like it.

Any ideas would be awesome!

[ Image ]
Welcome to Boomboxery Strānjer!!! I'm sure that you'll get help here! Just a matter of waiting a bit!
Again, welcome home!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, wasabinuts! :yes: I would suggest starting a post in the Tech Talk section for help with the VZ. Also, there have been a few other posts in the Tech section related to the VZ boomboxes regarding belts and more. :-)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
I own a fully working mint VZ2500 BSLT and LOVE it! :smooch: :thumbsup:
The sound is awesome in my opinion, same range as GF9696 and CSC850 in my opinion :yes: . I also use the AUX to plug in my laptop and blast out some techno at fun nights with friends :blush: :angelic: It is a really great boomer!
And I love playing records on this monster! By far THE coolest turntable I have ever seen!
Here is mine with (obviously) the 7" single Holiday Rap in it:

And here it is with a Pic LP of some German audio drama series I am a huge fan and collector of :lol:

I can recommend this box to everyone, absolutely one of my personal grails! :yes:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around...

Here's a video of mine:

[youtube]oCd8FK4vxO4[/youtube]

Welcome Wasabinuts! Rebelting the turntable isn't too hard, I can go through it on the tech talk page if you post something there, unless someone beats me to it of course.

Rock On.

wasabinuts

Member (SA)
May 3, 2010
Adelaide, South Australia
Big thanks to Strānj-Bōōmbŏks, Fatdog & Gluecifer for the welcome and suggestions. I’ll post a distress call about my turntable in the tech talk section shortly.

As a vinyl collector, the VZ 2000 was just a jaw dropping discovery. I saw one in a Melbourne record store last year but they were asking $2000 for it!! Didn't think I'd ever own one until I saw and bought one in an aucion recently. I’ve defiantly been bitten with the boombox bug! I have a growing collection of vinyl records, video game consoles, belt buckles, furniture and other retro collectables. Now I’ll also be hunting for boomboxes! Proud to be a new member of boomboxery and the VZ Club!

Cheers!

Ps: I needed to test the tape deck but couldnt find any of my old cassettes, so went to a secondhand shop and looked through all the Bert Bacharach, Kamahl etc. :thumbsdown: then found one with MrT and the A Team on the cover :thumbsup: TV Themes Peformed By The London Screen Orchestra. :hmmm: Includes their versions of the themes to MASH, Knight Rider, Startrek and Fame... The good news is the tape deck works.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Strānj-Bōōmbŏks said:
Pardon my ignorance on this matter (VZ), can you work these units on batteries and walk around while playing an LP? Does it skip? How's the LP sound?
You can not walk around with it playing an LP because it has a switch on the bottom that disables the turntable as soon as you lift it up. I think that has a reason, it would skip if you move it. :yes:
Otherwise if you have ti standing on solid ground outside, it sound awesome! It is a very good turntable (linear tracking is awesome!) And it gets the looks for sure with its awesome auto reverse :cool:

adespin

Member (SA)
May 15, 2010
Llanelli, Wales, UK.
Here is my VZ 2000, alongside it's smaller British cousin, It's fully working - stripped it down when bought it, changed all the belts, now it is my most cherished box along with my Panasonic RX-DT707

Status
Not open for further replies.