The Taira M90 - Heavy Duty Custom Dreamblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thanks Norm!

The vertical chrome trims were removed when I took her apart, they just 'snap' out. Should make for some very clean lines!

The tweeter surrounds have all been stripped/repainted/rechromed too.

Rock On.

zorlac

Member (SA)
Sep 22, 2010
Flint,Michigan
www.facebook.com
Gluecifer said:
Thanks Norm!

The vertical chrome trims were removed when I took her apart, they just 'snap' out. Should make for some very clean lines!

The tweeter surrounds have all been stripped/repainted/rechromed too.

Rock On.
Glue this project is getting more and more exciting. It looks freakin' cool.

That self adheisive chrome looks good, I considered using that or aerosol on my project unless I get ballsy enough to pay $50 to have the tweeter "horn" trimming chrome plated. Even when these were new they never matched the chrome of the woofer bezels. your results are good :yes: :yes: :yes:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Last update for Day 2.

The base colours have all gone on as well as I possibly could have hoped for.

Here are the finished speaker grills on the body. Some little touch ups around the sides and back are needed, but you'll get the idea!

Day 3 will involve lots of clear coating and possibly getting her back together!
Excitement!!

Rock On.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
They're going to be printed up as stickers from a local printshop. But, like I said, they're all shut down here til Jan 10.
I'll be getting all the text done in the same way too.

It's going to be a loooong wait if I get her as done as I can over the next couple of days but can't get the stickers done for a couple more weeks.
But, I'm a patient man. Gives me more time for hot mock ups for stripe positions too.

Rock On.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Gluecifer said:
Damnnit! I forgot to get photos of the Full Patron for OSS! Shameful. I hope he can forgive me.

Ford93: I used regular spray paint, these speakers needed as much help as possible and I don't think fabric paint would have covered well enough.
The edges where all the travel is got far less paint than the cones though.

Thanks for all the encouragement rockers, more painting to commence now!!

Rock On.
You're on the money Glue!

That makes sense I've seen speakers made out of Kevlar in the center and the edges soft. I believe it will work without any loss in performance.

I can't wait to see her in full glory. :thumbsup:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Photos of the 80% complete Taira M90 are IMMINENT!!

Just got her all back together and holy crap she all works!!

Such levels of excitement after xmas are something I'm not accustomed to at all!

Rock On.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Ok!!
Well, yesterday was a bit of a bust for getting much done as I spent it shopping with a friend and trying to get the stripe graphics printed. After being led on a wild goose chase by 3 different print shops I ended up getting home after 6pm and just put some final touches and and another layer of clear coat on.

This morning was spent putting everything back together. There was a small crisis when I lost the door spring, but another spare one provided and adequate replacement. When she was all back together, and I plugged her in and she went, my elation was off the scale. I'm never that confident taking things apart and putting them back together when it was as abig a strip down as this and she was in bits for so long. But everything works as it did before.

Now, before we get to the pictures theres a couple of things to remember:
1, The top trim is missing, but one is in the post from Bredgeo!
2, The chrome stripe under the tuner is missing, this will be taken care of today or tomorrow.
3, All the lettering is missing. This will be printed and put on when printshops re-open early January. The main text will be white on black, but the text to go on the band selection and power button will be black.
4, The stripe graphics from the mock up are still missing, these will be printed out with the lettering ASAP.

There are a couple of little touch ups I'll make, a bit more pink around the left upper edge of the deck buttons section and a few little spots here and there I'll be pedantic over.

But, for the moment, she's 80% done.

Hope you like her guys, I bloody LOVE her!!

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.