The baddest boombox ever DEVIALET PHANTOM GOLD ($3000).

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
Superduper
I already addressed this threads title in an earlier thread. I’m sorry but the reviews speak for themselves as far as the sound and the amazing bass of the Devialet phantom gold. Here’s hoping this tech finds its way into future boomboxes. Good ideas are always laughed at...............at first.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
pana box this tech into boomboxes would be great but 3k for one of these no chance....for a start something nobody has addressed, i think it's mono so you would need 2 of them for a home hifi

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Impressive for something of its size, sure.......But the only people who will pay $3000 for a single mono speaker will be single men under 35 working in the overpaid tech industry.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Not to mention the weight. A JVC M70 weighs 8 kg.......This easter egg weighs almost 13 kg, and that's without any controls, tape deck, or CD player.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
What WOULD be cool is if a box used a larger version of the small speakers in some of the bluetooth speakers, that I'm guessing have to be using rare earth magnets to get the output that they do. I've got a TDK A33 and that thing absolutely pounds, and the drivers are like 2-3" wide.

Superduper

Member (SA)
The vibrating side panels is a terrific gimmick. It visually depicts the speaker cone flapping. The only thing is.... EVERY subwoofer does that. But they are ordinarily hidden behind a grill, or black color etc. In this case, they installed a plastic cover over the cone, probably making it part of the cone, and painted it white, to give it maximum visual effect. A solid cone on a subwoofer is common. Due to low hz, they don't need the flexibility of midrange or high range drivers. Some subwoofer cones are stiff as plywood and I think some are made of metal or kevlar. Anyway, hand it to them to add that white plastic dome to protect it from finger dents, to accentuate the vibrations, and add another $2500 onto the profit margin.

Sonic

Member (SA)
Apr 5, 2019
I don't feel that installation with these eggs will be complete without kaboom in the middle.

Dbzerk

Member (SA)
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne Australia
As cool as it looks and the 'tech' behind it, I feel like it's not what I would call a boombox.
I mostly speak for myself with no harm intended, but like mentioned before, you're preaching to the wrong crowd. If you have a look at all the other topics on this site, Its about classic and retro boxes. I'm not even sure how this tech would benefit the boomboxes I'm interested in.
Thank you for showing us your product, but not for me and what I want to look for on this site.