Sunday Market Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Damn some great units there, once again i think you got the best units.

That Conion is awesome, i love that box, loads of chrome and style and LED meters. I had an aka of the Kamosonic unit, very nice. The Sharp looks awesome with the spectrum analyzer though i haven't heard one.

Such a lot to choose from in 1 visit!

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
There was definitely more to choose from today. I got some nice finds again. I should really stop buying as my collection is starting to get out of hand but it's like an addiction :)

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Thanks NK,

If anyone is looking for parts or boxes let me know, I'll keep my eyes out for anything you might need. It's always nice to be able to help out.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
Sel The Don said:
Thanks NK,

If anyone is looking for parts or boxes let me know, I'll keep my eyes out for anything you might need. It's always nice to be able to help out.
Since you say your collection is getting out of hand, I wouldn't mind buying a unit from you.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
I'm willing to sell anything I have as long as it goes to a loving home, I'll always sell at reasonable prices so it benefits the buyer. Let me know what you want via PM and we'll come up with something that makes you happy :)

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Another Sunday has rolled around so that means another trip to the market.

Pickings were thinner on the ground this week but I still managed to buy a few boxes.

First up is this Philips D8234 - I try to stay away from 3 piece machines but lately I've started buying more. This is a cool little machine, looks kinda funky.
DSC_0411.JPG

JVC PC-V88 - Big machine with an LCD instead of a tuner scale. Loud and thumping.
DSC_0410.JPG

Grundig C 8000 - Same again, I don't normally go for Monos or Mono looking machines unless they look cool, which this does, so I bought it.
DSC_0409.JPG

International Mod.628 - Nice looking machine which is the reason I bought it. Can't find any info about it though.
DSC_0408.JPG

Machines I passed up on

Sony CFS 45L - Ultimately a nice machine but the seller wanted too much so I left it.
DSC_0406.JPG

Siemens Mono unkown model - Not my style so left it.
DSC_0402.JPG

Sony CFS W480S & Sony CFS 710S - I tried to like these but they just didn't do anything for me so these stayed.
DSC_0401.JPG

So this is it up to now, I'm taking photos of everything I own and posting them up in a collections thread.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
It was chucking it down yesterday but as the sun was shining this morning I decided to get my arse out of bed and to the market!

Todays Haul;

Sanyo M7740K - originally this had the tape door missing so I was going to leave it. The seller said that he has the door but it had just fallen off. 30 seconds later I had the door back on, looking and working sweet. Awesome little unit this with 6(!) speakers in a tiny form factor. Heavy little bugger.
DSC_0460.JPG

Sharp WF-T380H - Double cassette, surround sound, X-BASS and really bloody loud. This and the JVC I bought last week will be my camping/BBQ machines this summer.
DSC_0459.JPG

The fallen comrades left behind

Goldstar TSR-762 & International Unknown model - Goldstar looked battered so I left it, the International was an interesting one but just looked pretty standard.
DSC_0457.JPG

Plantron Unknown Model - Huge beast of a machine with everything intact, the seller wanted too much for it so I left it where it was. If it's there again next week I'll lowball him and see if I get to take it home.
DSC_0455.JPG

Simtel Unknown model - Not bad, but not my kind of thing. There's a 3 piece behind it but couldn't be arsed to take a photo.
DSC_0454.JPG

Beko Karaoke 550 - Another massive 3 piece, looked really cool, has LED indicators on the speakers but decided against buying it as it's a domestic model and don't really want them.
DSC_0452.JPG

Stay tuned for next weeks' episode :)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Oh hell I could never pass up as many boxes as you did .I'm lucky to find any at sales by my buddy Tj the trash man has brought me at least 10 boombox ,5 of which were decent 80s models including a helix and a lasonic.

That little simtel is a good looking radio.might not be high end but I think it looked cool.

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
The Sanyo M7740 is a gorgeous machine and looks in good order. The Plantron thing looks like it'll be a giggle to own but I agree it would have to be cheap!

I get the feeling that one of these weekends you're going to find something really major Sel!

Squablow

Member (SA)
Great pictures, not only of your new finds but of all the others available, thanks for sharing. I doubt I could pass up most of the ones you showed, I think I've bought every one I have come across since I started collecting. I'm shocked how many are available at your local market! I bet you could make a good profit buying and exporting all the interesting non-US models you see there to collectors over here.

neanderthal

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2016
Sharp WF-T380. Very bloody loud indeed.

The boombox of my youth! I was lucky to get one and find another for my brother; we used to share one as teens.

Otherwise i'd be offering you ungodly money for it.

Nice score.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
JVC Floyd said:
Oh hell I could never pass up as many boxes as you did .I'm lucky to find any at sales by my buddy Tj the trash man has brought me at least 10 boombox ,5 of which were decent 80s models including a helix and a lasonic.

That little simtel is a good looking radio.might not be high end but I think it looked cool.
I need to start becoming a bit critical when buying boxes as when I first started out I was more or less buying everything I saw! My boxes are now starting to take up space :)

You're right, the Simtel is a cool looking machine, funky little thing.

Hisrudeness said:
The Sanyo M7740 is a gorgeous machine and looks in good order. The Plantron thing looks like it'll be a giggle to own but I agree it would have to be cheap!

I get the feeling that one of these weekends you're going to find something really major Sel!
I love the little Sanyo, I'm starting to grow a fondness for these micro machines!
Keep your fingers crossed for me then mate, I want a C-100! :)

Squablow said:
Great pictures, not only of your new finds but of all the others available, thanks for sharing. I doubt I could pass up most of the ones you showed, I think I've bought every one I have come across since I started collecting. I'm shocked how many are available at your local market! I bet you could make a good profit buying and exporting all the interesting non-US models you see there to collectors over here.
There's usually more than what I take photos of but sometimes I get funny looks from the sellers whilst taking photos so I'd rather not cause a scene and judge it per instance.
I probably could make some money if I really stuck at it but my work keeps me busy for the majority of the time!

neanderthal said:
Sharp WF-T380. Very bloody loud indeed.

The boombox of my youth! I was lucky to get one and find another for my brother; we used to share one as teens.

Otherwise i'd be offering you ungodly money for it.

Nice score.
The Sharp was my go-to box last night while my mates were round for a few beers, it surprises me more and more with the quality and loudness of the sound.

Cheers peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.