Sunday Market Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Thanks peeps.

All of the boxes I've bought have come from this same market, In over a year of collecting I've amassed maybe 40 boxes (to be honest I've lost count), sold a few, gave a few as presents but I'm out every Sunday morning seeing what else I can score.

I'm still pretty amazed that I come across some actual rarities.

There were more boxes than I photographed, there was at least 2 more Sanyos, loads more Chinese boxes and the same TRK-9150E from last week (same price).

It's definitely weather permitting, last year in the summer it took at least 4 hours to get around the market. It's like a sodding marathon!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
That's a lot of BB's for a local market, if this was near me I'd be banging on the gate prior to opening every market day. The's some gnarly ol' specimens there but others don't look too bad, I wouldn't imagine the market traders would treat them with the respect they deserve but this could also keep the price down.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Caution - the Conion has stickers on it that says Conion Mitel. I'm not sure what the Mitel part means. My other V121 just says Conion. I've not seen anything on the Internet regarding this.

MyOhMy - thankfully I can get there at 10am and still pick up great boxes, no-one else buys them except for me!

Thanks Radio-active, I'm pretty lucky to be able to find a lot of boxes.

Van Presence

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
Parnassus, NZ
Sel The Don said:
That's pretty awesome! Apart from the name is there any difference, i.e. spec?
Yea I'm quite happy I got 1. As far as iv been told they are exactly the same, have just had different branded face put on. Apparently if I peel the Brandt sticker off the back it's got the Conion stamp underneath. Brandt also do a City Boy. Might be getting a blue 1 off a mate

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Van Presence said:
That's pretty awesome! Apart from the name is there any difference, i.e. spec?
Yea I'm quite happy I got 1. As far as iv been told they are exactly the same, have just had different branded face put on. Apparently if I peel the Brandt sticker off the back it's got the Conion stamp underneath. Brandt also do a City Boy. Might be getting a blue 1 off a mate
Sounds good, looks like we have the same boxes :)

Yesterday was Sunday morning market day, the sun shining through my windows, 'today is gonna be a good day finding boomboxes' I thought to myself. Well, it was much bigger but this time picking were a little thin on the ground. Arse.

I did end up buying one box though, this obscure Fujika BPRC-1500, it looks to be a clone of the Sharp GF-7XX etc seriesbut I think I saw a Sanyo (maybe) that looks more like it as the speakers slide out from the bottom of the main unit. It's big, it's imposing and it's black and chrome, I had to have it.
DSC_0306.JPG

The other machines I passed by;

Toshiba BomBeat SX85B and Sharp WF-Something -
The Sharp didn't appeal but the Toshiba, ah the Toshiba! I looked at it for ages, fiddled around with it, everything looked good. The price was really good too. I passed up on it in the end and I honestly couldn't give you a reason. I wish I took it home with me.
DSC_0279.JPG

YU-MA-TI Boombox -
I saw this from afar and went directly to it, then to my horror I saw the words YU-MA-TU and I ran, ran as fast as my legs could carry me.
DSC_0280.JPG

Sharp Unkown Model -
If this didn't have the tape doors missing then I would have bought this. I thought it was a cool looking box, big too. Quick question, did this come with a CD player as an option, as this machine had a plastic lid that when taken off had a big hole where the laser mechanism should be.
DSC_0282.JPG

Unknown Box -
Looked kinda interesting from across the path, but up close didn't fancy the look. Plus it looks like it's been through 2 world wars.
DSC_0283.JPG

Sanyo MCD-Z11 -
I saw the sellotape on the machine and I thought, 'good start'. The dirt all over it further put me off so much that I didn't even ask for a price.
Note: A quick Google search on this machine looks like this might have been a good sounding box, can anyone confirm?
DSC_0284.JPG

Sanyo Box - Unknown model -
I didn't pick this up as it looked a bit too generic for my liking.
DSC_0286.JPG

As from next Sunday I'm on a 2 week European tour so I won't be able to update till I'm back. If anyone would like to hold the torch they're more than welcome to add to the thread.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Once again i think you bagged the nbest box of the day and passed on all the right ones, loving the market stroll pics though so keep em coming :)

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
A lot of these boxes have been through hell and back. By the way, what's wrong with YU-MA-TI models? Never even heard of em until this thread.

Sel The Don

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2015
Bursa, Turkey
Yu-Ma-Tu make cheap and nasty units.

So I'm back again after spending two weeks travelling around Eastern Europe. Eight countries, two time zones and 7500kms driven. Mental.

I paid a visit to the market today as the weather was nice and I didn't feel too tired returning from my trip yesterday. I picked up some nice units. Here we go!

(Continental) Conion GA-9000 Jumbo - This is my third Conion in as many trips to the market now! Very very cool looking unit, only missing the aerials so this came with me.
DSC_0400.JPG

Kamosonic 911KA - Not really a make I go for until I saw this beast! HIgh quality metal fronted boombox that's made in Japan. Pretty big too. Yes that's a maroon coloured tuner dial.
DSC_0398.JPG

Sharp WF 940 - Missing the tape doors yes (which I'll find), but it's huge and has a graphic equaliser as well as a spectrum analyser! Too awesome for words.
DSC_0399.JPG

Other boxes I passed up on

Sharp GF-7850 - Ultimately passed up on this because of the broken tape buttons, nice little unit.
DSC_0389.JPG

Sanyo M-9802 AK - Generic looking Sanyo that didn't float my boat.
DSC_0390.JPG

Grundig S700 Mono - Interesting one this, it's a Grundig but the text is all in Turkish, I would have had this but the seller wanted too much.
DSC_0391.JPG

Silver Unknown model - TV, Radio and cassette play rolled into one. Not bad but not my kind of thing.
DSC_0392.JPG

Universum Unkown model - Same combo as the silver above, cool looking thing.
DSC_0393.JPG

National Panasonic 5310 - Nice mono to go with my other Panasonic but the top was broken with pieces missing so left it.
DSC_0394.JPG

Sony CFS-W365S & Shaub Lorenz Unknown Model - Sony was left because of the broken buttons, Shaub Lorenz didn't appeal to me.
DSC_0395.JPG

Shaub Lorenz unknown model - Not a bad unit, not my style so left it alone.
DSC_0397.JPG

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.